“Mmmmm, my favorite place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 82 Restaurants in Mission
“Mmmmm, my favorite place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is the gem of the Fraser Valley! The portions are large and the food is awesome!!! The service is always friendly and personal. We've been frequenting Embers for the past few years and we are never disappointed!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Abbotsford BC
“Good food and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This little restaurant in an out-of-the-way little strip mall is well worth finding.

On entering the resturant, you're swamped by the smell of BBQ. It's a very plainly decorated and procsioned place, with wood tables and sturdy plastic chairs. The kitchen is more or less in the middle of the restaurant and is a hive of activity.

I ordered the Pulled Pork Wrap, my partner the Pulled Pork Sandwich. They make their own bread and wraps and grill them lightly before serving. The pulled pork was exceptional, the home-cut fries very good. I asked for some of their signature BBQ sauce to use as a dip - it was scrumptious The wrap is HUGE, almost the size of 2 wraps anywhere else, and could easily be shared.

Service was friendly and fast, food was good and voluminous, and even with the dreaded 12% HST the tab (with a tea for my partner and a soda for me) still came to only $25.

A real find, they do take-out and catering as well. If you get the chance, give them a try - you won't be dissapointed

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
British Columbia, Canada
“Great tasting BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Enjoyed a family meal on their outdoor patio on a pleasant summer evening!

The restaurant is hidden from view, surroundings are bleak, but worth a visit for lunch or dinner when passing thru Mission, BC.

This definitely is one of the town's little hidden secrets and a favorite among locals.

A nice menu including BBQ chicken, pork and ribs and wraps as their specialties.

Everything is homemade, including their bread. A nice BBQ meal, large portions and reasonable prices.

We will definitely return! Staff is friendly and service is fast.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kimberley, Canada
“A sloppy tasty experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Sure enjoyed my take out experience at Embers. My daughter recommended it for dinner one night while I was visiting. After a busy day we decoded ti take out rather than eat in because we were bith tired. So we called Embers and placed the order.

Taking the chance I decided to split two of the sandwich wraps with her. We ordered the BBQ chicken wrap and the Marco. Wraps are made fresh and so tasty. The side we ordered was potatoe salad. Both wraps were very tasty that had me licking my plate with a finger to pick up the drops. The potatoe salad was different that what I'd ever tasted before and soooo good!

I'd say it was well worth the visit and would go there again. It was clean and staff were friendly. The atmosphere was very casual.

Loved the comment by the server when she said that everything was good at Embers! Her smile made me believe her.

My only comment would be to somehow spiff up the takeout order by using recycleable containers and put a funky stamp on the bags. Question - why ate you closed so early in the evening?

Thanks Embers!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mission, BC. Canada
“Real Food.....extremely tasty and great value to boot.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a take out lunch from Embers yesterday......it was a huge chicken breast, perfectly cooked, and two generous sides of their in house made excellent cole slaw and potato salad.....all for around $11. It blows KFC out of the water for value....(if anyone can relate to the thimble sized portions of chemical laden food they call "sides") or any other fast food restaurant for that matter....Embers is real food.....obviously made with pride....
It has become our "go to" place for take-out....
I highly recommend Embers as a place to eat in Mission.....

• Visited August 2012