“Delicious soups” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Mission
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: It is tucked away by a large park in Mission; good parking and we used the handicap parking spot as we were taking my elderly mother out for lunch; no stairs into the restaurant; cosy atmosphere; good music; great service; beautiful view of the valley even on a rainy day; great chef making homemade soups and sandwhiches for lunch; would love to back for dinner; reasonably priced; would reccommend highly!
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Delicious soups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I'm not so much into sandwiches, so almost always get their homemade soups. Had a great butternut squash, just the right amount of spice and zing. Wonderfully welcoming, good service, but you have to hope there are tables available if you pop in, it's a popular place.

(Unfortunate that the park board has created a monstrosity and mish-mash/hodge-podge of buildings, structures, towers, lock-thing, bells and now observatory and are ruining the 'park' setting AND the million dollar view!)

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Service was terrible on the day I went for lunch with some colleagues from work. So poor that I received my drink order after my meal. Plastic table cloths and mismatched furniture detract from the dining experience. Food was average that day. Beef dip.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
england
“Mm so so....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Well we popped in here on a rainy Sunday afternoon .....very busy so happy to get a table,the waitress was very pleasant .....I picked my own sandwich which was turkey salad and cranberry and mayonnaise my husband chose the mixed Benny ....I should have had my sour dough bread toasted as quite firm.....big sandwich hug unfortunately no flavour at all from the deli meat or the cranberry but the pickle and coleslaw on the side was tasty.....my husbands mixed Benny was just ok more omelette than scrambled egg....we decided to try a scone with Devon cream and blackberry jam which was good.......think we would like to try the evening meal at Blackberry kitchen to see what it is like and better than lunch......staff were great if sometimes but maybe a bit previous with trying to tidy up before we had finished ....lovely view on a clear day!!!

Mission, Canada
“Beautiful scenery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food at blackberry kitchen is good, but the scenery and atmosphere is excellent! I love that you can sit outside on a nice summers day and look out at the river while eating your meal. Their scones are to die for!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mission, Canada
“You HAVE to try this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Located in Heritage park, this restaurant has great views of the Fraser River and the park. In the summer time sitting on their balcony enjoying mixed up bennys is awesome. Chef Dale and his staff are so friendly it's like dropping in on family. I haven't had anything I didn't like on their menu, from creating your own sandwich to the bennys. Their home made soups are the best comfort food ever. Everything is made fresh and they even have their own herb garden! I'm still trying to get there for dinner but I have no doubt it will be great. Awesome place...you HAVE to go!

• Visited April 2014