“A Special Place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in Mission
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: It is tucked away by a large park in Mission; good parking and we used the handicap parking spot as we were taking my elderly mother out for lunch; no stairs into the restaurant; cosy atmosphere; good music; great service; beautiful view of the valley even on a rainy day; great chef making homemade soups and sandwhiches for lunch; would love to back for dinner; reasonably priced; would reccommend highly!
Kelowna
“A Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I really enjoyed the food and staff when I was introduced to this gem. Having recently returned, it was even better. It was excellent, quality food and the friendliest staff you will ever find.The salmon was very fresh and the portions were large. I would love to try everything on their menu. Excellent appetizers. While the dessert menu was small,it was good. I will return whenever I am in Mission.

• Visited March 2013

BC
“Fantastic Food from a Chef who really cares”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have experienced food prepared by this Chef before and it was top quality. But I have never tired this new location, and experienced if he could keep the quality while running a retail setting.

Over all I have to say this was the best meal I have had at a restaurant in Mission.

The group I was with include some pretty fussy meat eaters, and we went on Prime Rib special night. Every one of them was impressed with the quality of the Prime Rib. That is high praise !

Prices were very reasonable for the quality of food offered.

I had the pork medallions. They were perfectly prepared, and the sauce was an excellent compliment.

Presentation was very professional - something I would expect at an upscale restaurant, but not typically at a hidden location like this.

Something to be aware of - the dining area is plain, low ceiling and intimate. We were a large exuberant group. If a couple were to come in looking for a quiet dining experience, I am sure that on most occasions it would be an excellent choice. But the low ceiling and open concept makes the noise bounce around a bit, so I would not be surprised if a romantic evening could be overwhelmed if there is a large group present.

That said - there is no reason to stay away. The food quality and care in preparation makes it an excellent choice on any occasion.

I understand that they offer cooking classes, catering and will host private events. I have no doubt all of them would be outstanding.

The only negative I can think of is that the Wine selection I saw was not very extensive and the ones I tried were not especially memorable. But I did not search very hard for better ones. They may have more hidden gems tucked away. And I did not get the impression that they were set up for complex mixed drinks. Although the 2 specialty Martinis I saw ordered had a great presentation, and seconds were ordered, so they must have been good!

• Visited March 2013
Mission, Canada
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

With all the great review I had seen I was expecting something of a higher quality than I received. The salmon was fishy tasting dry and not served with enough sauce. Caesar salad was ok. I did enjoy the rice,beet,kale combo. Cheese cake needs something, on the blah side.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“The Blackberry Kitchen is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The food in this small but cozy atmosphere with a spectacular view of the Fraser Valley, is superb! Split Ham and Pea soup was full bodied and delicious, the turkey sandwich on multi gran bread was huge even for 1/2. Prices were very reasonable

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Annapolis Royal, Canada
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This venue in Mission Heritage Park has finally met it's true fit, the new owners Kerry & Laurel bring International Cuisine to our lovely city. The menu changes every few months with new delightful flavors that shake up your palate. With the winter months in play, we all need a little get away for those grey cold days....the lunch menus provide great comfort food that warm you up all over. On the lucky days that the chef has his delicious cinnamon rolls, you will be forever hooked.

• Visited December 2012