“Old favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Calgary, AB
“Old favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stop at this restaurant whenever we drive through Nelson. Since we had a late lunch, shared 2 appetizers and a pasta dish. Mussels were great, soaked up every drop of broth with bread. Scallops were to die for, but I love balsamic vinegar. My problem came with the butternut squash ravioli. I knew I was in trouble when I had to search for an orange filling. The squash definitely depleted in the cooking. Patio seating on a nice evening added to the ambience.

Visited May 2012

British Columbia, Canada
“Great Organic Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Great food and dining experience. Perfect date night restaurant. Very pricey but good.

Visited January 2012
Kelowna
“Great date atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had the featured mussels appetizer, served with house-made bread. Amazing! I was also impressed with their wine list, which had some varietals past the common Chardonnay and Merlot that tend to be over sold. My meal of duck was fantastic, and I would love to try this restaurant again. The only reason I am giving a 4 instead of 5, is because my boyfriend's gnocchi was a strange texture. Not at all how gnocchi should be, but good flavour. I think they just didn't knead enough, or add enough flour. It was falling apart, similar to mashed potatoes. Otherwise, a must try. Great service too! Just a note, the location is somewhat strange. Parking is in an alley, as is the main entrance. The atmosphere was intimate and welcoming, and had a great upscale casual feel.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Not really a cafe, rather a nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We decided to try one of the more upscale spots. This is a tricky one to find. It is tucked in an alley in an old house, about half way down so that the first time we looked down the alley we missed it. It was nice and everything was good. On a typical night I'd give it full points but after the previous stops in Nelson, it wasn't over the top perfect and my expectations are getting high. Service was good and the decor was very nice though my wife mentioned the washrooms were pretty cold. We started with a cheese board for an appetizer. A brie, blue and cheddar with pine nuts, canned pears and sliced apple to accent the flavours. Very nice choices on the cheese. I had the crispy skin duck. The duck was delicious. It was on a bed of mushroom risotto which both my wife and I thought was a little lacking. The flavour was a bit different. The waiter said it was one of his favorite dishes but the risotto wasn't working for us. My wife had a squash raviolli. Nice handmade raviollis with squash walnut stuffing, mushrooms, goji berries and more. Really very good we both agreed. All told it was a good meal but didn't live up to our expectations as highly as hoped for. Total damage around $110 for the food and 2 drinks each.

Visited February 2012
Truckee, California, United States
“A hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Located in the Alley however well marked with signs and worth the search. Great nightly specials.