“Amazing Property - Great Hosts” 5 of 5 stars

1679 Hwy 3A | P.O. Box 491, Nelson, British Columbia V1L 5R3, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Nelson B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing Property - Great Hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have stayed here now our 5th time in the summer and have never had anything but excellent service and amazing food. Dan & Louise are always ready to take care of anything you may need or just have a good conversation about the area, property, etc. Louise makes amazing, unique breakfasts (not the premaid, microwave meals at most hotels) and always has personal touches added to them. The Gardens, oh my! you dont find this kind of architecture anywhere, anymore, truly old world design and unique! Our kids love the pool, the tennis courts and walking directly across the property to the lake. For the family, the couple, or whomever decides to stay, this is truly a special place we will continue to come back to, cant wait until next year!

Room Tip: The mountain side rooms have their own bathrooms and are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
north vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at Blaylock 3 nights the gardens and grounds are awesome and the pool and accomodations are nice . In three days we did not have a breakfast with any meat in it meatlovers beware the food was ok but not great. The hosts are very nice and accommodating

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Niwot, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

This was an unexpected gem. I can't believe there are not any other reviews here. Perhaps because they do not list on the major booking sites and you need to call or email directly to get a room. Trust me, it is worth a call! A maticulously maintained 1937 mansion with great rooms and a full hot breakfast comes with the room. The terraced gardens surrounding this estate are a sight to behold, not to mention the seasonal outdoor pool Wonderful hosts and a great place to stay when near Nelson.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bonny Doon, Calif
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2005

This might be a pretty place, but the gentleman who owns it lacks good manners. I stopped to inquire about the accommodations and he seemed very put-upon, appeared to resent my being there at 10:30 in the morning, somehow lost a phone call on his portable, used a choice Anglo Saxon swear word, and acted like I was a problem. Perhaps I was at that particular moment, but I didn't mean to be. I was well dressed, had money burning a hole in my pocket, and was driving a clean, late-model luxury SUV, not that any of this should make a difference. The biggest affront was refusing to allow us to walk through his garden. No where in any brochure or guidebook does it explain about the $20 garden tour fee. (Yes, we could get a $40 credit when we booked a room.) Needless to say, my husband and I couldn't leave fast enough. There are some friendly places just down the highway in Nelson. This was our only negative experience in an otherwise thoroughly wonderful trip in southern British Columbia.

Stayed September 2005
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

This breathtaking mansion is the most amazing place I have ever stayed at. The room was beautifully decorated in an oriental style. I was told that all the other rooms were decorated with a different theme. The rock garden is huge and it is an awesome sight. It could use some maintainance, otherwise it is beautiful. There is a six foot tall sundial, arbors made of vines, lovely waterfalls, etc. I love old buildings and their history. This house was built in the early 1900's by a wealthy business man who owned the smelt mine in the area. My husband and I wished we could have stayed longer. We had a lot of fun playing billiards and we watched a movie on the big screen TV. The living room and sun room were nice and bright. The breakfast in the morning was very good.

• Stayed July 2003

Been to The Blaylock Mansion? Share your experiences!