“Most fun I've had rafting!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co.

Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co.
701 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, British Columbia V1L 6Y8, Canada
+1 877-808-7238
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 Activities in Nelson
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Nelson Whitewater Rafting is the West Kootenays' premier rafting company. We provide transportation to and from downtown Nelson and have four trips to choose from. 1. The thrilling Salmo River Shenango Canyon from June to mid-July features class 3&4 rapids in a remote canyon setting. 2. The fun and exciting Slocan River Facchina Rapids in June to August has warm water and grade 2&3 rapids. 3. Inflatable Kayaking down the Facchina Rapids. Guide your own kayak down fun and exciting whitewater with one of our experienced kayak guides by your side. 4. Our gentle float trip offers a relaxing time on the water with no rapids and beautiful scenery. Our guides are fun and experienced. Your safety is our #1 priority, and your fun time a close 2nd.
Rossland, Canada
“Most fun I've had rafting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Nelson Whitewater Rafting is definitely the company you want to go with for any rafting adventures in the Kootenays! I've been rafting with them twice now, and will definitely be going again! The guides are professional and extremely organized, while at the same time fun, easy to talk to, and let the group decide on what kind of experience they want. I've been rafting several places in Canada and internationally - and I've had the most fun with John and his crew with Nelson Whitewater. If you're looking for a fantastic way to spend your day playing outside - definitely give them a call!

Revelstoke, Canada
“Awesome rafting experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Everything about my day with Nelson Whitewater Rafting was impressive! A very professional, safe, and well run company. Our time on the Salmo river was exciting and full of adrenalin, and John was a great guide! I'd go back and raft with Nelson Whitewater Rafting anytime!

Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
“Didn't know rafting could be so fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was my first opportunity to try whitewater rafting and I must say that Jon made it a memorable day full of fun and excitement. Nelson Whitewater rafting showed me a great time on the river and I will happily go for another visit in the near future! As far as I'm concerned it's the only rafting company in the Nelson area worth knowing about :)

Cheers, thanks for the faceshots haha.

Parksville, BC
“Way Too Much Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is coming from someone not good around water. The info video did worry me, but we had a blast. Went with another family, so we had our own boat with our guide - small strong gal - don't mess with her.... sorry but I can't recall her name. Lots of fun though, especially the oar water wars with the other boat. It was a beautiful day and the water was warm - the "scary" rapids were over too soon. I would have liked more of the wilder rapids. Thanks for the loan of the goofy boots. My toes are still shrivelled...

Would recommend doing this when visiting the area.

Visited August 2011
JohnDutton, Owner at Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co., responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Oceansidegal,
Thank you very much for rafting with us last season.
If you're back in the area again this summer we hope to see you.
The exciting Salmo River season starts soon.
Take care,
John
Nelson, Canada
“A Blast of Fresh’ n Cool Excitement.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

If you like to explore nature by rafting on Rivers, than the Salmo River is the one not to miss.
I had the opportunity to go on a 3 hour rafting trip on June 20th 2011 with John Dutton and Crew of the
Nelson Whitewater Rafting Co.
It was one of the most exiting adventures I’ve experienced in years.
The trip starts out in Nelson BC with a short ride to Salmo on the “Woody Bus”, on the way you are given instructions on how to put on the Gear(Wetsuit, shoes, fleece jacket , helmet and Life Jacket).
At the entry point you put on “The Gear” and then you get a full basic safety course on Rafting.
The Rafting Guide is your Captain , you and 5 more buddies become the engine of the raft.
There is a lot of laughing going on that adds to the enjoyment of the trip.
The first part of the trip is learning to navigate, that big raft from the commands given by the Captain.
Team Work is a big part of making the trip a safe one. There is always Safety Raft floating ahead of the Teams in case there is a spill in the drink.
The second part is where the fun begins, Water and Waves become the motion that bring you the excitement, get the heart pumping and small bursts of adrenalin are released.
The paddle becomes your best friend and you hold on to it no matter what happens.
Waves, Commands, Water and small screams of Joy and Laughter become one Vibration.
I brought my Ski helmet with a waterproof Video Camera mounted on it with me.
I recorded the blasts of water coming at you, and it is so cool to watch the impact in slow motion.
We’ve made a couple of stops on the 3hour long trip to give everyone a rest and a seat change.
The last part of the Rafting Trip is where you get your Money’s worth. I won’t say any more to keep your
“Imagination “ going ahead at full speed.
Things to bring: Food, Water, Bathing Suit, Towel and warm clothes on a cold day.
They take pictures of the trip for you and burn it on a CD on the way back to Nelson
If you plan on going the best time is Mid May until Beginning of July.
I enjoyed that trip so much, I went down again 3 weeks later and it was money well spent.
I Love the sign in back of the Bus, it says” Tipping makes you Sexy”
Michael Dill Nelson BC