“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Motel

You added Villa Motel to your Saves list
Villa Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   655 Highway 3a, Nelson, British Columbia V1L 6M6, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Nelson
Lacombe, Canada
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed 3 nights and overall experience was good. We didn't use the pool but it was busy. The one comment or suggestion to management is their time for the breakfast and offering. The continental breakfast is 8-10am. It needs to be 6:30am-10am. Many traveler's want to get an early start. The offerings for breakfast was the least I have seen in long time. Most continental breakfasts have muffins, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt,etc. . This is the only con, they need to step it up, based on this I would stay somewhere else in Nelson the next time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Frank S, General Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I understand that many of our guests are from different time zones so opening breakfast at 8am feels like a 9am or even a 10am opening. Some guests just need/want to get up and out on their travels early as well. For next year's summer only, I will be planning to do a 7am-10am breakfast hours. As for the continental breakfast, the serving space and storage is quite limited. I am hoping to do a full hot breakfast a few years down the line with ample seating area. Until that becomes a reality, I do not have the ability to offer more (even though I wish to). I did add two types of cereals, milk, and apples to the offering for this summer. I also modified the serving area to ease the bottlenecks and presentation. It is not that I am ignoring these types of comments on our complimentary breakfast service, it is that my hands are tied for the moment. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My Family and I stayed at the Villa Motel for 3 nights, this Motel is a great gem rooms are very clean and comfy we stayed in a 2 bedroom with Kitchenette. Although it is an older Motel they have updated with nice furnishings and bedding. The salt water pool is a nice treat especially when traveling with kids. What makes this Motel excellent is the service you receive from the owners, the knowledge of the Nelson and the surrounding areas is excellent the attention to detail was amazing, they were great with our kids and helped out even when the office was closed. We will be returning to Nelson again and we will be staying with the Villa Motel.

Cheers, Mark & the Reed family

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Frank S, General Manager at Villa Motel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are excited to hear the salt pool conversion being so warmly appreciated. Looking forward to your next visit!
Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The pros - clean, convenient to town and the lake, has a pool.
The cons - pool doesn't open till noon. We booked two rooms, with two beds in one room and three beds in the other. The cleaning staff made one bed per room each day! How weird is that? I have no idea why they didn't make all the beds. I made sure there were no suitcases or other things on the bed so there were no obstacles.
I also mentioned the limited pool hours to the desk person. He stated that they had to do that because would swim to long and check out too late. However, I'm sure every hotel deals with that problem, so why doesn't he just network with other hotels and see how they manage it without limiting the time so severely.
I would probably stay here again with my family in the summer because my teens could easily walk to the lakefront across the bridge and they loved walking to the park and taking the cable car train to the mall. However, if I was on a business trip by myself I wouldn't stay here due to the inability to swim in the morning before work and not having my bed made.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are one of two properties in Nelson to have a swimming pool and a hot tub. We have also converted to a salt pool. With such a high demand in the summer season for a swimming pool we had to regretfully close the pool facilities in the morning. People were entering the pool at check-out time and requesting late check-outs. This causes our housekeeping to be idle during their shift and missing our guaranteed check-in time for guest arrivals as well as require more resources than we have available at this time.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We usually stay in Nelson but thought we would try this motel as not many hotels in Nelson have a pool. This was our main draw to the motel. It is a bit out of town, we walked over the bridge into town once but generally had to drive to get around. I want to be fair as they were clearly renovating a bit while we were there. Our furniture (we were in a 2 bedroom suite) and the bathroom appeared newly redone/replaced but they had definitely not got as far as replacing the old carpet which was a "DONT TAKE YOUR SOCKS OFF KIDS" carpet. The breakfast is quite poor (a waffle maker 2 cereals and coffee) but the new owners really seem to be trying so you might want to give it a chance if they continued with the refresh. The price was very good.

Room Tip: We were in the 2 bedroom suite with a view across the lake of Nelson with a private balcony and woul...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Our complimentary continental breakfast consists of fresh waffles, cereals, milk, apples, toast, bagels, coffee, tea, and orange juice. This is by no means an attempt to be a hot breakfast service or a full breakfast service. If you have any suggestions on what to add to our continental breakfast please do send me a message as I take all suggestions into consideration. We are almost done replacing all the carpets in our guest rooms to either new carpet tiles or laminate flooring. The remaining carpet installments will be completed after this summer season. We have and will be always making improvements and all guest reviews are taken into consideration. Thank you and hope to see you on your next travel to Nelson.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Last minute call to reserve at the Villa. Right after the orange vridge ( depends on which side u are coming!) We had a Suite kitchennette with 2 queen bed and a futon. AC in the room. Access to a continebtal breakfast abd pool/hottub. For 129$ per night awesome !

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. Great to hear you enjoyed the room, price, and facilities.
Saskatoon,SK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I spent close to a week in Nelson learning qigong with Master Kwan.My stay at the motel was pleasant but with minor hitches.My room was comfortable,very clean and mad up daily.The breakfast which was included in the price was minimal and seating was very limited.The motel did not have a message centre so contact with the outside world was somewhat limited.There was a good restaurant a few dozen yards away which was very convenient.The beach and a beautiful municipal park was minutes away on the other side of the bridge.To get around the area one really needs a car although the distances are not that great.So if you want a quiet,reasonably priced place located close to a nice recreational place then the Villa Motel deserves your consideration.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear the lack of a answering machine for the room was an inconvenience during your stay with us. Great to hear you had an enjoyable stay otherwise.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed at the Villa on the recommendation of friend who had stayed there recently on a motorcycle trip. I usually stay right in Nelson but decided to try it as we were not going to go out and there is a restaurant on site. (fantastic Wor Won Ton ) The room was very clean, the beds were new and comfortable, there was a new 42" flat screen and everything worked well including the AC. The hosts were very friendly and there was a continental breakfast in the lobby, just enough to start the day. The only drawback is that it is on the other side of the bridge from town, but it is only a 15 - 20 minute walk or 5 min cab ride. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a great review. The price we pay for our scenic views, peace, and quiet is that we are removed from the downtown core. Great to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us as well as our 42" plasma tvs!

Been to Villa Motel? Share your experiences!