“Excellent steaks!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 93 Restaurants in Parksville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Kalvas has been converted to aclassy upscale log cabin with dark wood tables and a warm atmosphere. The semi-circularbuilding offered almost every table a view from large windows. The focus of Kalvas is on thedining experience and the quality of the selections on the menu. Specializing in seafoodand premium meats such as AAA Alberta Beef and Island Springs Lamb, Kalvas offers highquality meals at reasonable prices.
Langley City, Canada
“Excellent steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family has been here twice, once off-season and once this summer. Both times were fantastic.

Great steaks, giant martinis, very professional service.

nanaimo
“Poor service.....Great food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Me and my wife had the seafood platter...The food was very good.Half way through my meal I found what looked to be a small piece of a metal scrub pad after showing the waitress she took my plate and came back a few minutes later and asked me if I wanted desert? I said after almost eating metal not feeling hungry now:( we never finished our meals and no compensation was offered for the food we lost and the terrible experience .....

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Most amazing place to eat on the island!! HANDS DOWN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Most amazing steak dinner i have ever had!!! I had the rib-eye steak, and was surprised at how tender and juicy the steak was. It was cooked to prefection, and seasoned perfectly. The service was exceptional, and the prices very fair. Overall i would rate Kalvas 11/10! if you havent tried it, then your missing out!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Wonderful Place To Eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The food is outstanding, The wine list is very good and their mark-up is reasonable, The service provided by Chris was very good. I would come back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
““We were SO disappointed!””
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Ordered the rib-eye steak, probably the fattest steak I have had during my stay in Canada added to the raw veg a very disappointing evening, I would suggest staying well clear.......

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kalvas, General Manager at Kalvas Restaurant, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Hello
You complain about your steak when you finish all your plate – Three times our waiter Chris asked you how your food was, and three times you had nothing to say. The waiter’s question is not a bland provision of words to pass the time, it is a sincere determination of the enjoyment of your meal. Honest customers are not afraid to provide their comments. It’s your meal that you are paying for, and if any part of your meal was not to your satisfaction - Chef Chmait personally makes it up to you somehow. . But this can only be done if you make restaurant staff aware of your concerns at that time, not afterwards. We did take off your wine and beverage from your bill just to be good host
Some background: Kalva’s buys the whole AAA Angus ribeye then cut into portions. Prime cuts of meat are known for their marbling, which are the streaks of fat in the raw meat that melt and make your meat moist. Interestingly, none of the other 16 customers that evening had any complaints about the cuts of ribeye on either side of yours, and they tend to be regulars who know their meat and patronize us for our quality food. Lastly, our three hot vegetables are steamed first, then chilled. They are quickly reheated for each individual plate and coated with their individual sauces. Just last week a customer requested overcooked carrots, so we overcooked the already cooked carrots!
To conclude, I truly hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Canada, and I hope you take these comments to heart, as we do.