“Average place & takeout food was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 93 Restaurants in Parksville
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Victoria, Canada
“Average place & takeout food was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Thought the food we ordered was good. But I noticed (later) the bill came to $41.05 and mysteriously I was charged $44.05 with a quick little scratch of the pen over the one. I didn't notice right away and was going to call to complain but after eating we thought they must not get many tips and left it as is. I just don't like being overcharged and thought I'd speak out ~ watch your bill! Otherwise the food was good and I hope people give this small Parksville business a chance.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Qualicum Beach BC
“Disgusting ....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Without question the worst meal I have ever paid for in 50 years of dining out.
Terrible food and disinterested service. Do not reward this establishment by eating this slop. I would not feed their offerings to my dog.

• Visited February 2013
Victoria, BC
“Fair Chinese food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

To start off I don't really trust restaurants that are attached to gas stations unless I am after trucker food. I am not saying that trucker food is bad, some of it is great, but for the most part experience has taught me that it is a bit of a risk.
We were looking for Chinese food during our short stay in Parksville BC and the China Garden was close and appeared to be the only option. So I took the risk and ordered some "to go." I was out for a run so it was no problem giving them the 20 minutes to prepare our little meal. Eating here was very simple in the menu plan. I wanted an Egg Roll, my wife wanted a Spring Roll and we shared a plate of Chicken Chow Mein. We usually are more adventurous but tonight it was just to stave off some hungries.
The atmosphere of the restaurant was your standard Chinese restaurant circa 1980. It appears to be a family operation. When I came in there was only three older people there at 7pm on a Friday night.
They have a hot table with a selection for their smorg and free delivery service. Our bill was under $20 including taxes and there was enough left over for a treat for tomorrow.
The food was fine tasting, not over the moon, but not all that bad either. I think if you had no options and wanted the taste - its fine. Having said that if you can re-arrange your taste buts there appears to be many other good restaurants in the town.
I must make one comment about the staff. When I left I was concerned I had the proper assortment of sauces, cookies, and chop sticks. They went the extra steps to make sure I had everything I needed. Good on them.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Campbell River, Canada
“The absolute worst food and service EVER!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just came from the China Gardens and it was the worst experience ever. The service was terrible the food was the worst!!!! We had ordered the beef chop suey and just as were about to dive in, we smelled the beef and it was rotten and we don't even think it was beef at all. The meat had a grey color, never seen meat like that. The restaurant was the worst in service when you have to explain and show the staff how to make a Monte Cristo coffee. The presentation of the restaurant should have been the first hint to turn around and walk out of the restaurant but we thought to give it a chance. Please if you read this as well, DO NOT EAT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
Port Alberni, Canada
“Worst Chinese Food Ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The food tasted awful, to the point it wasn't edible. Deep frying meats, and covering them with sauce can hide a lot, but the rotten taste still made it through.

• Visited December 2012