“Decent Place to Eat” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Edmonton, Canada
“Decent Place to Eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Three of us ate supper at about 8:00 pm on a Friday night. The restaurant was not busy. Service was OK but it was a bit long from being seated to when a server arrived. A drink menu was on the table but she forgot to bring us main menus until asked. There was a good variety of cocktails standard for this chain and two of us ordered Caesars. They came as described. One was 'spicy' and had horseradish in it - it was OK. The other was a tequila drink and came with hot pepper, olive and a piece of bacon as garnish - the person who ordered it didn't like it's strange aftertaste; neither did another who tried it. The meals were the small Sombrero Pizza, the small Boston Royal, and a Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich with fries. All were well cooked and the portions were medium to large. The bill with tip came to $70. Overall we rated the meal as good, and our overall experience as average.

Note that many restaurants in Parksville don't stay open on a weekday past 7 or 8 pm. Boston Pizza was the only restaurant we found open at that time - other than more pricey restaurants at some of the nearby out-of-town resorts.

• Visited July 2014

Richmond, Canada
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was traveling on business and decided to stop at this Boston Pizza location for something different. Not only was the food better than I had experienced in previous Boston Pizza locations throughout the province, the service was better than I had ever seen. I came back on a couple of occasions because of the service and the food and again had very good experiences, better than I would normally expect in a franchise type of eatery. I would go there again, if I was in Parksville, remembering that if you go at times when it isn't busy (i.e. after normal dinner hours) the service will almost always be better than during the rush.

• Visited April 2014
Revelstoke, Canada
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

on the patio and it was fantastic. great prices and the usual consistency of their food SALAD YUM .I also they had a special on large for med. and we had the cheese burger and then the taco and both were amazing

Visited May 2014
Vancouver Island
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was one of a group of 12 ladies who were having a luncheon a Birthday Celebration lunch at the Boston Pizza in Parksville. The Reservation had been made a week prior to our lunch meeting, when we arrived the table was not pre-set for us. We waited till this was done, after the menus were brought and the drinks ordered we asked for a little extra time to look at them. After a great length of time I finally went and asked the first staff member I saw to please bring our waitress. Finally she arrived and took the orders. Then we had to ask for a fill up on our coffee cups, after a very lengthy wait our meals finally arrived. The food was really good and we enjoyed them. We finally helped ourselves to a water jug to refill our glasses, and then again I went off to find someone to bring along our waitress with the bill. We had given up on the dessert menu, although we usually get a special birthday dessert for the birthday lady. It was just a very frustrating wait and in a restaurant that wasn't even busy we were glad to finally leave.

• Visited May 2014
“Boston Brutal!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We are tourists who decided to get dinner in at a local resort so had ordered from Boston Pizza.
Our order the Boston Brute had huge chunks of chewy meat hardly any tomato sauce (very dry) and the meat sauce I ordered didnt even get added. My husband tried the chipotle bacon penne and asked for xtra cheese and baked well done but they missed ALL that! We wanted breaded and fried wings but were told the fryer broke down. The cactus cut potatoes came wet and soggy. We spent 53.00 on a meal that mostly ended up in garbage. I only wish I read the tripadvisor reviews before I ordered and not after!
This restaurants food is NOT worth it!