“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bayside Bistro and Lounge

Bayside Bistro and Lounge
240 Dogwood Street (at Quality Resort Bayside), Parksville, British Columbia V9P 2H5, Canada
(250) 248-8333
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
British Columbia
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Usually the attached restaurants are mediocre, but this one was quite good. Friendly service from the staff and our server, Chad. The prime rib was nicely done, Yorkshire pudding good etc. the next day we had the Bistro burger and that was also quite good. Typical resort restaurant pricing but lower than most I've seen. Burger was quite thick and good value for the money. Spectacular view of the mountains, beach and water.

Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Food not up to part, service excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We booked a family table for a sunset supper at the restaurant. The ambiance was perfect, the service fairly good, but the food when it came was really below par. We ordered sandwich plates for the most part as our guests did not like seafood, the weather was hot and none of us felt like a really big meal. The hot part of the meal was cold, the bread was dry and unappealing. All in all, the price we paid for dinner - about $100 for four of us not including tip, was more than the meal was really worth. I have been to this restaurant several times and I know the food can taste better than this, so I will return again and give it another chance, perhaps at a less busier time of year.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Parksville, Canada
“Come for the view...stay for the food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Met a colleague for lunch at the Bayside and had a great experience. This waterfront restaurant has the best view in Parksville by far and offers an eclectic menu that should please everyone.
My companion tried the halibut and fries and pronounced his lunch delectable while I tried the Dim Sum basket which included a wide variety of Chinese delicacies. Delicious.
Service was prompt and friendly and...did I mention the view?

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Overcooked Dry terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was staying at Bayside for 5 days awhile back and the food was terrible. Overcooked. Dry and hard. If I had time I would go out every day but being part if a week convention I had no choice but to eat there.
One meal was so hard, Chicken that the knife could not cut through it without burnt skin chatter all over. I did not eat it. NEVER again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Stunning views and tasty foods served by friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have enjoyed the bistro several times as I find it very convenient to Seabrooke Cottage. Although the entire hotel is in need of a bit of TLC,once in the Bistro, the view is unparallelled in Parksville eateries and, in the warmer months, you can eat on the outside patio while enjoying the sandy beach and ocean view. The food is tasty, the menu has a good selection and the staff are there to make you happy!
Their Sunday brunch by the sea is a great way to dine! I notice they serve an afternoon tea but have yet to try! Will do soon!
It's one of my Parksville "Go to " places!

• Visited March 2014