“Lovely view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Resort Bayside

You added Quality Resort Bayside to your Saves list
Quality Resort Bayside
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   240 Dogwood Street, Parksville, British Columbia V9P 2H5, Canada (Formerly Bayside Oceanfront Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Parksville
Alberta
“Lovely view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

We stayed at this property for one night. The room itself was very average but the view of Parksville Bay from the balcony was lovely. We ate breakfast in the dining room also overlooking the Bay.

• Liked — The view
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Quesnel Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

Before staying at this Hotel, I visited the reviews at
TripAdvisors and I had my reservations (literally and
figuratively) But after our family friendly stay at
this wonderful BC treasure.....
I was inspired to write of the absolutely memorable
time myself and my three children had at the Bayshore
Inn, Parksville BC.
I had decided to run away from the city for a couple
of days and since Rathtrevor Beach, close to
Parksville, is one of my most favorite natural places to roam
freely..... North to Parkville from Victoria we headed
with three somewhat "summer bored" children in tow (two
boys ages 7 and 11 and a teen girl of 13)

And if you are an active family, this hotel has
everything you need to keep your children on the go... We
love a pool and this one was fantastic! It is an
excellent size so sharing with others does not infringe on
anyone's fun. There is a huge hot tub as well but we
just dipped in there from time to time. The dressing
rooms were impeccably clean with showers and blow
dryers, change areas and lockers if needed. Additionally,
there were squash courts (darn I forgot my racquet) and
a weight room with cardio equipment for an adult
workout!!

The view is spectacular... BC's little Hawaii, with
sounds of the pounding surf in the distance heard clear
from our room. And if you love to walk the beach, be
close to shops and restaurants, and investigate the
sandy shores and find natural treasures.... a stay at
the Bayshore will not disappoint any active family
looking to enjoy some quality time together.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating, we used
alot of towels :) There is a wine store and sports
bar, including a waterfront restaurant with fine west
coast cuisine and a full kids menu from breakfast to
dinner. Our hotel room faced the water so we did not hear
any late night sounds from night owls.
And the queen bed was enjoyable beyond belief.....

So for a mother taking her three children on a true
adventure, the Bayshore was the place to go! The only
small glitch was the guy who woke me up by stomping on
his floor (my ceiling) at 4am in the morning to close
his patio door. So maybe the top floor is best....
but we use a hotel room many to sleep and this hotel
was the perfect place to entertain an active family from
morning to night!

Happy trails fellow travelers... Jo-Anna, Victoria BC

...

Stayed June 2006
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

We were excited about staying in Parksville, so close to the mini-golf with the Pirate ship and the fabulous beach and we had to have a pool for the kids.
The check-in clerk was not at all friendly and looked like he had way more important things to do, even though it didn't look like anyone was staying there.
He gave us our room number and that was all. A helpful and cheerful chamber lady directed us to the ice machine and pool.
Luckily we had the pool and hot tub to ourselves, but it looked like the sauna and steam room had been recently disassembled.
The beach is wonderful, once we got past the rocky, mucky bits, so wear your aqua shoes! And there are sand-dollars and other sea critters for the kids to enjoy, and the sand is the best in the world for building castles.
They do allow pets here, so if you have a dog it's a great place for the dogs to run and play, but if you're not a pet person it might not be the hotel for you.
Definitely get a room with a view. You will be disappointed with a view of the restaurant roof!
Overall, I think friendly staff and clean affordable rooms are most important to me. Here I found clean rooms, one friendly staff person and a reasonable rate. But I'll likely try another place before I return...

• Stayed June 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2006

My husband and I decided on this "resort" to celebrate our first anniversary. We were disappointed from the minute we hit the front desk. I don't think the desk clerk cracked a smile the entire time we were there. Instead of receiving a warm welcome to the hotel we were given a rundown on all the do's and don'ts of the hotel. We felt more like we were checking into a boot camp.
We thoroughly enjoyed the view from our room and it was also very clean, but were woken at 6:30 in the morning with the noise from the guests in the room either above or next door to us. Squeaking floors were only the beginning as we lay in bed listening to them talking, coughing, and showering. I would think that this hotel would have much better soundproofing than this. Also, it would have been nice to have had some kind of seating outside on our deck. No chairs to be found. We decided to go down to the pool and jacuzzi and walked into a construction zone. It would have been nice to have been told that the so-called "spa" was being renovated. We sat in the jacuzzi while workmen or some equivalent were taking a tour of the facilities. There was a table beside the jacuzzi holding two empty water jugs and a couple of empty glasses. The jacuzzi was so hot that we could hardly get into it to begin with. After about 15 minutes we decided to leave.
For the price that we paid for this place, we could surely have done better for a lower price. I would give up some of the non-existent amenities in return for better service from the staff. Needless to say, we will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006
Scarborough
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2004

We spend 4 nights here in August 2004.

If you stay here, make darn sure you get an Oceanfront room. The first night we stay in what I booked over the internet as a View of the City....The views was of the top of the bar next door, The room had no Air Condition, and all I heard all night was the HVAC over the bar. It was very disappointing.

The next day I requested to be upgraded to an oceanfront rooms, which they did, for about $30 more per night...best $30 I spent all vacation. It was very nice, the room was brighter, and more spacious, and had air conditioning. The view was very, very nice!

The facilites(Pool, Spa, sauna ect) where all very nice, and restraunt onsite is first class.!

If you stay here, make sure you have an ocean view room, or go elsewhere.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

My wife and I spent 3 nights here and were very pleased! It was more than we expected and relatively upscale for a small town hotel. A nice facility with restaurant, gym, pool, pub and more. A great location.... a short trail down to beautiful sandy Parksville beach, 5-10 min. walk to town, a block away from mini-golf & bumper boats. Walk across the bay to one of the best kids' parks I've seen (jungle gym, water spray park, etc.) The 'mountainview' side rooms do not have air conditioning, but the ceiling fan and a freestanding fan were more than adequate to keep things cool, and it was hot weather during our stay! None of the rooms have fridge/mini-bars which was somewhat disappointing, but we had brought a cooler and so made good use of the ice machine! Pool/sauna area is starting to show its age slightly. Rooms were clean and modern. Only had one meal(breakfast) at the restaurant, but it was very good. We would not hesitate in staying here again. In fact, we're already thinking about heading back to this area once our baby is a little older! Be sure and try the Mexican restaurant on the main street in town, between Craig and McCarter Streets I believe. It was outstanding! This used to be a Best Western property up until a few months ago.

Been to Quality Resort Bayside? Share your experiences!