“A Clean, Comfortable and Quiet Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandcastle Inn

You added Sandcastle Inn to your Saves list
Sandcastle Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   374 W. Island Highway, Parksville, British Columbia V9P 1K8, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Parksville
Victoria, Canada
“A Clean, Comfortable and Quiet Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I recently travelled to Parksville to participate in an old timer's hockey tournament. I booked a room at the Sandcastle Inn based on reviews available on the hotel's website. I was very pleased with the hotel and its facilities. My room was spacious, well appointed, comfortable and clean. After playing two hockey games during the day I was in need of rest and apreciated the calm and quiet atmosphere. The staff were helpful, friendly and interested in the reason for my visit to their city. They were able to provide me with useful directions and suggestions regarding restaurants.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gull Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I ended up at Sandcastle Inn in Parksville, after a bad experience in another Parksville Motel. I was looked after at the Sandcastle, efficiently, and every morning was greeted, and enquired upon as to how my stay was going. I will definately stay there again as my Inn of choice. The rooms were clean, the continental breakfast was good, muffins were excellant, and fruit. The housekeeper was whistling as she worked, obviously a happy employee.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Good location, clean, good value for money,lots of parking.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sidney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Just had a wonderful experience with Sandcastle Inn. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. A playpen was up in the room already as I'd requested for our baby. Staff we came into contact with were very personable and helpful. Breakfast of muffins, cereal, juice and coffee was just right. 5 min walk to the beach/boardwalk.
But, the best thing... our daughter left her blanket tucked up in her bed, we made a phonecall the next day after our fruitless search. Lady wasn't sure if we'd left it, but would find out for us. She returned our call to say that we had, and yes she would mail it to us. Charged us for the postage (obviously!) but not her time and effort! Bravo! So very honest!
Will return here.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I stay at the Sandcastle for a couple of nights every 8 weeks or so. I have always found the staff very accomodating and friendly and have stayed in an assortment of rooms from the basic room plan to the larger suites. I find the rates are very competitive and reasonable for very clean and comfortable rooms. For those travelling on pleasure, it is only a short walk to the beach and right next door is Kalvas Restaurant which I consider one of the finest restaurants to dine at during my business travels. A great golf course, Morningstar is only a 10 minute drive away and a 15 minute drive takes you into Qualicum (more golf) and ocean views at the Shady Rest pub and restaurant situated right on the beach.Some of the rooms offer partial ocean views and rooms on the ground floor are available with a nice grassy area off your patio door. I guess every once in awhile travellers can have a bad experience (after reading a couple of reviews) but after many stays at the Sandcastle, I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My partner and I have stayed at The Sandcastle twice, and both times we found the service to be extremely personal and hospitable. The rooms are plain but clean and the location across from the mini golf and close to the beach would be excellent for a family. Very competitive prices.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We have family in the area and we frequently choose to stay at the Sandcastle when we visit as it is inexpensive, the staff are terrific and it is close to our family. The breakfast on offer will see you through until you can get some more substantial food. Mostly, we grab a coffee and head over to Mom's instead. The rooms are clean and quiet. Beds and pillows are fine and the water pressure (one of my pet peeves when travelling) is perfect.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandcastle Inn? Share your experiences!