“Great place to relax and enjoy good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great place to relax and enjoy good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We've been here in different occasions and it never disappoints. Good food, good service, very happy staff and nice view. My husband loves to try different dishes but I order the same every time, my fave Hotpot seafood curry. We always leave the restaurant with happy faces and tummies. I love that Port kept this place close to the Marina.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Port Alberni
“Impressed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friend and I went for dinner and as she cannot eat a lot of food, for medical reasons, we usually share one meal. I am on a gluten free diet and was very pleased when the waitress advised us of the soup which was gluten free. I ordered this and it was delicious. On the menu was fish and chips but as I didn't want the batter asked if I could have potato flakes on the cod, which was on another menu item, and this was no problem. I can't say enough about the service and pleasant atmosphere being right on the inlet. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Local hidden gem, very enjoyable, excellent portions & service. This is a place that all of us traveller's look for. Thanks to the chef & staff for an excellent evening. Well done ...

Visited March 2014
Port Alberni, Canada
“Classy Dinner Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ate here recently with friends and once again enjoyed a lovely meal. Port Alberni has a lot of restaurants for it's size, but it's hard to find a place in Port Alberni to go for a nice, classy dinner out. Starboard Grill delivers this, from the white tablecloths, sparkling silverware and candlelight, the wine list, and then there's the food! The menu is not large, but the selections are varied and every dish is prepared with love and care. The four of us all ordered different items, and we all very much enjoyed our meals and the attentive and personable service from the staff.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Loved it! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I can't say enough about this place! This was my first time to Port Alberni, and my friends took me to Starboard for lunch.

The Candied Salmon Chowder was awesome! Also, I really enjoyed the calamari and the fish taco wrap!

The staff was extremely personable and did an excellent job serving us.

I love the view from our table! I can hardly wait until I return to Starboard and to Port Alberni!