“My Daughter's Wedding Guest Accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Poco Inn & Suites Hotel

You added Poco Inn & Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Lougheed Highway, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia V3B 1A5, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Coquitlam
Coquitlam, Canada
“My Daughter's Wedding Guest Accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had 60 of our out of town guests stay at the Poco Inn. I found the staff very easy to work with and very accommodating. They were glad to help in any way they could and agreed to every request I had. I did not get one complaint from any of my guests and everyone that spoke to me about the Poco Inn said it was a beautiful Hotel and they loved all the renovations. Poco Inn offers a shuttle bus to and from your event. This is a wonderful feature which allows your guests to enjoy your event to it's fullest. Everyone raved about this service! All in all a perfect hotel which only complimented our event and I would recommend staying here to anyone who asks me. Thank you to the Poco Inn for everything they did to make our event a success.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and it exceeded my expectations. Staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was very cozy and comfortable. Lots of nearby restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a wedding that we have to attend at the Westwood Plateau Golf Course. We were very happy with the service. The rooms are spacious, nice furniture, very comfortable beds. We were very happy to know that they have a shuttle service to the Golf Course.The lobby area has a very elegant decor.

Room Tip: Our room was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Found Poco Inn to be overpriced for what you get, in comparison to other hotels experienced in Vancouver and Lower Mainland. There were several disappointing experiences, mainly linked to inconsistency in service levels. This is a pity, considering the recent efforts to upgrade the facility. Staff training and random checks by the Owner/Manager might help, even possibly using mystery guests. Unfortunately, for the current price point, would not recommend at this stage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
PoCo55, General Manager at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments on your recent stay.

I have reviewed with our staff and management the particulars of your stay. Various staff members who you have had communications with during your 6 days stay with us, recalled that you were enjoying your stay. We understood your experiences with our restaurant, front desk staff and our room were meeting your expectations. Our staffs have affirmed that we have established positive rapport with you and thus were surprised to learn of your disappointment with areas of our service.

Upon further investigations I have concluded that certain short falls with our housekeeping department’s service was responsible for the dissatisfaction toward the end of your stay. One day before you checked out, you mentioned to one of our front desk agents that one of our housekeeping staff did not greet you properly and she phoned your room to ask if you need services, while the Do Not Disturb sign was on your door. The front desk agent reported to the front desk manager and the manager immediately rectified the issues with our housekeeping department. I am very disappointed to hear about the service challenges you experienced with one member of our team. At PoCo Inn & Suites Hotel we pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations and clearly this was not achieved with your recent visit. We apologize that you had experienced these inadequacies. I have followed up these issues with our housekeeping team to ensure these service issues were promptly rectified and will not be recurrent in the future

Thank you very much for your constructive comments.

Ian French
Assistant General Manager
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Friendly staff, very personable. I stayed only one night. Nice, comfy clean room. Upgraded decore. Large rooms with a small fridge and coffee maker.

• Stayed July 2012
Winfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Recently my daughter and I stayed at this hotel while she was competing in a nearby track meet. Our room was very spacious and the beds super comfortable. My only suggestion is that the hotel partner up with the restaurant attached to offer some sort of breakfast deal, discount or two for one plan. With the price of the room this could easily be done as is the case with other hotels.
I would definitely go back there again. Having the fridge made it easy to keep some food and drinks cold.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the third floor above the conference room. If an activity is going on ther...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I am currently staying at the PoCo Inn and Suites. They recently renovated and it is beautiful! Modern foyer, very nice employees!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchen and some have a kitchenette (microwave, stove top, small fridge, pots and...
Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Poco Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!