“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Poco Inn & Suites Hotel

You added Poco Inn & Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Lougheed Highway, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia V3B 1A5, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Coquitlam
Surrey, Canada
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel for our wedding accommodations. We had a group block with excellent rates. Our stay was wonderful and the staff was amazing. They went out of their way to accommodate us and our various special requirements.
One example of their excellence would be how one of their wheelchair rooms was remodeled to add a roll in bathroom specifically for one guest. I don't think this could be said for many hotels!
The rooms were spacious, the staff helpful and the beds were GREAT, super comfy and difficult to leave!
To Linette and staff, Thank You!

Room Tip: Ask for more information on various rooms, styles and locations. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Port Coquitlam, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed here with my bf in Sept. we booked a standard room for $139.00 which was very small and smelled of smoke. I had to sign a waiver.We asked for an upgrade and took a suite.The suite smelled of smoke also but it was late so we stayed. The room had a jacuzzi which did not work, Front desk had someone from maintenance look at it and we were told it could not be fixed after we had filled it.The front desk told us we would not be charged the suite rate but the standard room rate because of the jacuzzi not working. Upon check out the next morning we were told we had smoked in the standard room(we were in there not 5 mins) I am a non smoker but my bf has occasional cigarette.We did not smoke in room. We were also told we smoked in suite and the hotel held my credit card and would not give it back until clerk had rang through a 500.00 charge for smoking and the full room rate even tho he was told jacuzzi was broken and we were told we would get discounted rate. The desk clerk accused my bf of threatening him. my bf words were you better give back my girlfriends visa or we are calling the police. He promptly returned it. I tried to put in a dispute with Visa but they have no category for this and I have tried to contact manager at hotel several times with no response. I have been charged $715.00 on my Visa with no recourse other than reporting to bbb which I have done. I have since found out my bf had a cigarette in bathroom of suite. I tried to contact hotel to negotiate on the waiver price as I think it is outrageous, I have been told by an employee they clean the room themselves,but was told by front desk its professionally done at a cost of $500.00.If my bf had a cigarette I am willing to pay a price even tho no waiver was signed on the suite. But $500.00 is ridiculous and inappropriate!! I am not disputing that they should have a waiver implemented but the price is just a cash grab and I feel we would have been charged regardless as it is a way for this establishment to make extra money. Be very careful when you stay here if the room smells like smoke! You could be charged $500.00 smoking or non smoking!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Linette N, Director of Sales at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Nonsense. Not worth our time to respond to this fake review.
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We were in town for Thanksgiving to visit family! With so much family in town we opted for a hotel, and chose this one for location to family and that they allowed dogs.
This is supposed to be a non smoking hotel. First room they gave us was smokey, definately someone had been smoking in the room. The second room had a musty smell, windows did not open, so we thought air conditioning............ it clunked but it worked...... However at 1am the front desk called and woke us up, asking us to turn off the airconditioning because it was too noisy, did not offer to fix it. At 2am other guests arrived back to their rooms. These guests were noisy, smoking just outside their rooms, and when we asked nicely if they could take it inside we were called a number of profane things. Called front desk twice, both times they did come to speak with the guests,we coulld hear the guests arguing with the staff member. We did not feel safe, or comfortable staying here.
When we checked out no one asked how our stay was, and when I asked for the GM, they just wrote is name down for me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Linette N, Director of Sales at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and offering your comments.

What a coincidence, your review is almost identical to the previous fake review.

We are sorry to hear that during your stay there were some unfortunate events. We would like to acknowledge your concerns.

We are a 100% non-smoking hotel. At check in you and all of our guests have to sign a form stating that there will be a minimum $500.00 fine for smoking in the room. As stated in your review you had found the first room smoky and we were able to promptly offer an alternate room. We had investigated and found no evidence of smoke smell in the room in question.

All our rooms are checked and refreshed daily. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities in our hotel and our housekeeping staff take pride in their work. In fact we receive compliments about how clean our guest rooms are constantly.

We understand that an issue had arisen regarding the air conditioner in your room. For the comfort of yourself one of our front desk staff verified the AC in question was making some noise and with the lights remaining lit in your room, she politely knocked and asked if the AC could be turned down a little bit until we could replace the AC in the morning. We apologize for this inconvenience to you.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend our occupancy was 100% full and late in the early morning a wedding group came back from their wedding and was more rambunctious than expected. Our staffs and security did everything possible to keep the noise situation at a minimum. We understand as a hotel we must provide a quiet environment and we apologize for the interruption during your stay.

Upon checkout the hotel policy is for our guest service agents to ask all our guests how their stay was, and you were treated no differently. Our front desk staff and management received no concerns upon your checkout. You never asked for the GM, therefore we were unable to offer a resolution or recommend for the General Manager to contact you about the discomfort you experienced during your stay.
Colwood, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

When I first checked into this former Best Western I noted that the office and lounge area was very nice. But when I went to my non-smoking room in their non-smoking hotel, the room reeked of stale tobacco. After a bit of complaining the clerk gave me another room. It was stuffy and mouldy smelling so I turned on the air conditioning. Man was it loud. But it did clear out the foul air.
Sometime around midnight the desk clerk called and ordered us to turn off the AC because it was too loud. So much for clean air. About 1:30 the wedding below wrapped up and moved into our area. That was it for sleeping that night.
This is long enough so I won't expound but suffice it to say this place is dirty, smelly and poorly controlled. Take another 5 minutes and go to a decent hotel in Coquitlam.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Linette N, Director of Sales at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
We investigated this review carefully with all staff and management involved

• We are a 100% non-smoking hotel. At check in all our guests have to sign a form stating that there will be a minimum $500.00 fine for smoking in the room.

• All our rooms are checked and refreshed daily. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities in our hotel and our housekeeping staffs take pride in their work. In fact we receive compliments about how clean our guest rooms are constantly.

• We had thoroughly checked all records through our system and ledgers and had found no evidence of any of our guest at Thanksgiving weekend is from the city of Nanaimo.

The person responsible for this review never stayed in our hotel. This is a fake review.
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding at Swan-E Set Resort & Country Club. The location was 20 minutes drive from Swan-E Set and 5 minutes from Coquitlam Centre Shopping Mall. Good neighborhood for shopping and eating. The quality of the room was very good, great beds, very clean and quiet with very friendly and helpful staffs. We had a wonderful stay.

Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We spent a few weeks in this hotel as an insurance claim due to flood in our home. My wife and I stayed in a separated bed room kitchen suite; The room was quite comfortable and very clean. Good food and service in the hotel pantry restaurant. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful ... ... make us feel at home. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
West Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The rooms are relatively nice and clean - unfortunately there does not seem to be any ownership when it comes to customer services - all the way to the general manager. I had been assured, three times verbally, and also as stated on their website, that breakfast could be delivered to the room. Once I made the actual call to have this arranged the morning of, I was directed to the restaurant to place the order and battle out delivery with them. When I say battle out - I mean, I had to convince the restaurant that in fact they do do room service as well as what the content of that breakfast would be. Upon complaining to the the front desk about this, they rebounded the accountability back onto the restaurant BUT this time told me that room service is not actually something that they do, and it would be an exception this time. When breakfast arrived it was of sub-par quality and missing the beverage part of my voucher. As a final blow, either the front desk and or restaurant staff called the room accidentally again, and we overheard them complaining about us. Even after numerous attempt to contact the general manager and having made email complaints - I have yet to hear back from the hotel. Do yourself a favor and go to a hotel that can be held accountable if things do go wrong - like a larger chain. I am a big advocate of small businesses, however, this particular hotel is a poor example. Considering that you would like to be heard when/if things are unacceptable - I suggest a place that will care or can be made to care - you will get no consideration at the Poco Inn and Suites Hotel.

Room Tip: It's not the rooms that you have to be careful choosing, it's the hotel management. A hotel...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Linette N, Director of Sales at Poco Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning our room service provided by the Pantry Restaurant. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

While we are sorry and feel responsible, we lease out the Pantry Restaurant and Room Service. Our agreement with the Pantry Restaurant is to have room service delivered to all our guests from 6:45am – 9:00pm.

In regards to your complaint, I understood you had a conversation with our Front Office Manager who directed the complaint to the Pantry Restaurant Manager and Pantry Restaurant Head Office immediately as the complaint involved Food & Beverage and to ensure the situation was corrected.

We were informed by the Pantry Restaurant Manager that in addition to the complimentary breakfast you had received, additional gift cards were offered to you for compensation that you could use at any Pantry Restaurant location in Canada, which you refused. Since there were no issues with our guestroom, we understood this matter was resolved and did not require our interference.

Again, we apologize for any misunderstanding and your inconvenience with our Hotel Restaurant. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with the PoCo Inn and Suites Hotel the next time you are in Port Coquitlam. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Thanks again.

Been to Poco Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!