“Clean rooms and great service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Princeton Ponderosa Motel

You added Princeton Ponderosa Motel to your Saves list
Princeton Ponderosa Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   130 Bridge Street, Princeton, British Columbia VOX 1W0, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Princeton
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean rooms and great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I'm surprised to see such mixed reviews for this place. I think the motel went through some renovations. My boyfriend and I had a good stay there with no problems. It's not a new motel but the room we stayed in was well kept. It was very clean with a working AC (a bit noisy), fridge, microwave, & coffee. The motel's indoor pool was a bit chilly but lots of people were enjoying their time in the hottub. The staff were friendly, helpful, and were able to answer any questions we had. The sushi resturant in the motel was closed but the frontdesk manager recommended other options around the neighborhood. Ponderosa Motel is conveniently right off the highway, at a reasonable price, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I decided to go on a small golf trip to Kelowna in May, but we found the drive there to be quite tiring, so we decided to rest for the night in the town of Princeton.

We've never been to Princeton before but we found Ponderosa Motel while driving through town and I'm so glad that we stayed here!

It was a pleasant and comfortable stay, and our room was clean and quiet. I'm very picky on customer service because I myself work in sales, but the people who work at the motel were very friendly and courteous.

We arrived in the late afternoon and decided to go for a quick swim before dinner. The indoor pool was in excellent condition as it was newly renovated.

The motel even has a Japanese restaurant. I couldn't believe how good the food was here. If we had to be nitpicky and say something negative, the only thing that comes to mind would be that the motel's Japanese restaurant isn't open in the mornings. We found this to be a problem as the sushi was very tasty, and so we would've liked to have another bite before we had left for Kelowna.

This motel definitely earned my recommendation!

Esther & Dan

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

pool was cold and hot tub "reeked" my husband said. Sushi restaurant closed Sun and mond so no restaurant there either when we were there. Air conditioner didn't work well so luckily it wasn't hot or we would have cooked.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Try not to break your ankle on the parking lot surface..more craters than on the moon. Phoned and talked to Steven and asked if there was a Hot tub on site as I have a bad back,he assured me there was. Would have been nice if he mentioned that it was "out of service" before we arrived as he said our booking for $85 was non refundable!!!! The nice lady at checkin told me thet were waiting for parts,motel was full of tree planters when we arrived,clothing was outside most of the doorways,shovels too.As soon as we pulled in I knew we should not have booked here without seeing the property first,Should have paid the extra $49 and stayed at the Penticton Ramada we arrived at the next night,which incidentley was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

On a trip across the interior with a 6 year old, we decided to break up the drive by staying in Princeton. Big mistake. The Ponderosa was the only option available on the long weekend. We weren't expecting anything fancy from a family-run small-town motel, but this was bad.

The A/C didn't work (temperature reached 37C / 100F that day). The moldy bathroom was dripping from condensation because of the temperature differential between the cold porcelain in the toilet and the hot air. No parking as the place was filled with bikers. It didn't seem loud, but that was because the fan in the A/C unit (it blew air, just not cold air) provided ample white noise.

The rooms are standard-looking dumpy motel rooms. Decor is 1970s, and remnants of when it was still a smoking room (stains on the ceilings, etc) abound.

Heading east, next time I'm going to a B&B in Keremeos - a much prettier town anyway.

This was cheap-ish ($75), but certainly no bargain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

I travel through Princeton quite frequently and have stayed at this motel when under OLD management. The new owners have made vast improvements on the rooms and have built a sushi bar in the old office space. My room was clean with no odor, the bed was comfortable, there was not a lot of noise and I found the service to be impecible. The owners are very friendly and eager to please. AND THE SUSHI!!!! Best sushi bar I've been to in a long time! I will definately stay again when travelling through Princeton and will recommend friends!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Princeton Ponderosa Motel? Share your experiences!