“Just pass by, not even stop ! horrible service and amenities” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Hot Springs

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Revelstoke
Canyon Hot Springs
You added Canyon Hot Springs to your Saves list
7050 Trans Canada Hyw #1, Revelstoke, British Columbia V0E 2S0, Canada   |
Sant Quirze del Valles, Spain
“Just pass by, not even stop ! horrible service and amenities”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We booked two cabins as the manager told me they were good for only two people when we got the keys and saw the cabins we realized they could accommodate up to 5pax. Cabin 205 was extremelly smelly, we are pretty sure there was a sort of death animal somewhere inside. Cabin 206 was not much better but at least it was possible to breath inside.
We headed to the office to complain and they agreed we stayed the four of us in just one cabin and refunded the otherone, I supposed they agreed on that as they were fully booked and had people waiting for availability (don´t understand why ?).
Back to 206 after 5 minutes going arround it and having experienced extremelly unpolite threatment from the people behind the front desk we decided to leave, returned the keys got refunded of our money (surprinsingly also the second cabin) and headed to The Sutton Place Hotel at the outskirts of Revelstoke just at the foot of the ski resort lift. Uncoparable value for money (same price for a two bedroom fully equipped suite with kitchen, aircon, gyn and pool access, etc..).
Would not recomend Canyon Hot Springs for any reason.
Be carefull with the two asian origin women at the fron desk they migh bite your ear if they can !!!.

Room Tip: sorry, no good rooms at all....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We hadn't read any reviews prior to staying here and will agree that many of our complaints were the same already mentioned.

The hot springs look more like a wading pool than a hot spring, and too many kids splashing around in the 30c pool to make a lounging swim enjoyable. The train passed every hour for early evening and then every two hours or so during the night. Upon checking in the young lady at the counter was less than polite and my husband had to remind her of her customer service.

Styrofoam plate breakfast was way overpriced and less than appetizing and ice cream was good but again cost more than what you pay for.

The maintenance staff take very good care of the property, lots of flowers, greenery and bathrooms and pool area are very clean and nicely maintained.

The one good thing, was when we arrived we asked for a return on our 3 night tent spot (raining) and was instead offered one night in a small cottage with only a futon and desk... we stayed only one night

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Desert Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews I had to comment. If they could read the signs before
they enter or even pay to swim they would have read there are no street clothes. Swim suits only.
It is a law they have to abide by. Chlorine is a must in any pool. Ever had swimmers itch? Be thankful they take the time and effort to make sure their pools are clean and at the correct temps of which they do several times a day. The property is pristine. The staff is warm and friendly. The food is good and consistent. We found the train not bothersome at all. Actually they have no control over the trains. If you have a hard time with the trains maybe you should check out your vacation plans before hand. Many campsites have nearby trains. And they seldom use the whistles. You will have a hard time finding sparkling restrooms as clean as these. The grounds are clean and have flowers everywhere. It is a beautiful site as well as all of Canada.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

As with most things, Canyon Hot Springs has its good things and of course the not so good things. On this occasion, we enjoyed our stay. We booked a small cabin that had a sink, toilet, and 4 bunks. Bedding was included and we loved the feel and coziness of the cabin. We were able to place a playpen for our two year old to sleep in. Stayed 2 nights. So let me tell you what we thought:
The good- beautiful views, mountain surrounding the campsite, large area with different cabins, different sizes, RV and trailer areas, tent or cars with tent areas, large area to walk around, very clean and well taken care of, easy to find, friendly service, great pool (the main pool is 30 degrees Celsius and the hot pool is 40 degree Celsius), breakfast for all three was included and included coffee/juice, eggs,toast, bacon, pool pass was included in the price.

The not so good- close to train tracks (can be annoying, we got used to it after the fourth train, our two year old did not mind it at all, would have been upset if it woke her up), some things are expensive ( eg. Chicken fingers and fries and soup cost almost $20,breakfast $10, shower $3 ( or you can use the pool shower with a pass), thirty min drive to Revelstoke.

Overall, we really enjoyed staying here. I did not read the reviews until after we left and was glad that I did not read them before our trip.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Checked in August 7, 2 adults and 2 children. They gave us 4 passes for the pools and for passes for breakfast. We went to our chalet (which was not the camping chalet that doesn't include bedding) and noticed 2 bunk beds. 2 beds where made up and 2 were not, I called the desk twice and no answer. Then drove back up to the office and was told $20 for bedding x2 for 2 beds. I then told them I wanted my money back I wasn't going to pay $40 more dollars. $125 was already way overpriced for the dump. Then they wanted to charge me to clean the room, even though we checked in 5 minutes earlier, we hadn't even taken our luggage out of our car.
The owners wife was rude and telling my wife we didn't tell them 4 people were staying and calling my wife a liar (even though they gave us 4 passes for everything). Finally they gave the cash back only after I started yelling and making a scene in front or other customers checking in.
Oh and the owners son stood right up in my face wanting to fight! Which I gladly said I would go a few rounds with him after I got my money. We went down the road to the Hillside Coast paid a little more and loved it.

Room Tip: Tip for a good room is stay in none of the rooms in this location.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I recently planned to stay at Canyon Hot Springs, however due to a change of plans, we found it necessary to cancel our reservation prior to arriving. When I contacted the front desk, I was informed that the reservation could be cancelled, however, there would be a "ten dollar cancellation charge." When I questioned this charge considering my cancellation was five days in advance, I was told to "refer to the cancellation policy on the web site." I politely informed the lady that I was on this website and there was no mention of a charge. I indicated that even though the charge was minimal, it seemed unreasonable to me to pay a cancellation fee amounting to 30% of the reservation cost. When questioned on the fact that there is no mention of this charge in the cancellation policy or website, which I was referred to, the lady quickly said that she would cancel the site, with no charge and I was informed "don't come" to campground. Given what I have read in the reviews with regards to additional fees, charges, etc...I don't think I will be returning with my family to this place due to these kind of antics. The fact that they thought an additional charge could be justified by referring me to a non existent cancellation policy is a pretty suspect business practice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at Canyon Hot Springs a total of five times now. A couples camp, a group camp, a small cabin and the pine suites twice. My worst time was our small tent the night it rained and our flashlight broke! My wifey and I like the pine suite as its got a little fridge and it gives us a break driving to the Okanagan. Drinks and BBQ on the patio of the suite. Yeah there was a train a few times chugging by, but we just chill out and keep enjoying
This beautiful little nook in the trees! You never tasted a steak and beer so good as when those huge trees surround you and mountain air is blowing. Also, if you stay up late, you can see bats swooping on the bugs around the tall lampposts. Lay back on a blanket with a loved one on their grassy areas and enjoy. Seeya on Saturday Canyon!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Canyon Hot Springs? Share your experiences!