“Great dog friendly hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Coast Hillcrest Resort Hotel

You added The Coast Hillcrest Resort Hotel to your Saves list
The Coast Hillcrest Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Oak Drive, Box 1979, Revelstoke, British Columbia V0E 2S0 , Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Revelstoke
Oliver, Canada
“Great dog friendly hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed for one night on our way to Calgary with our dog. The room faced the back of the hotel (nice and quiet and private backing onto forest with grassy area in between). Window opened which we like. Beds were comfy and we had a great sleep. We did not eat at the hotel, so no opinion there. Only drawback was lack of amenities in the room - no shower cap. When I went to front desk @ 6:30 to ask for a shower cap - no one was there - and papers with names of guests were visible and readable to anyone who came to the front desk - bad form for privacy. There were only 2 bath towels for 2 people - I think you need at least 4 - if woman washes hair - there go two towels. I showered and got my hair wet. Other than that, I would stay there again. Great if travelling with pet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

For Revelstoke this is about the best hotel around. It has some good things going for it such as 2 hot tubs - one inside, one outside. Very quiet location away from the town. Best to get a room on backside of hotel just in case a tour bus decides to depart early morning. The grounds and scenery were beautiful, although the balcony view from our room was ruined by the often present rain clouds of Revelstoke. We didn't use the restaurant but most reviews were glowing. A little pricey for a family meal however. We had a deluxe queen room. It was nothing spectacular but it had a small fridge and second sink outside the washroom which was handy with 4 people trying to get ready for the day. Beds were comfortable.
On the downside we found the air conditioner to be especially loud and would wake us up each time it clicked on/off. Being away from town it makes for a short drive 5-10 min to restaurants and shops. It would have been nice if this hotel had a pool. It might justify the price more - although it seems all places in Revelstoke are over-priced. Perhaps a shortage of accommodation overall.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

This hotel is a little off the beaten track as far as location to stores and restaurants, but it has its own restaurant which is quite good. Very nice decor, and comfy couches in the lobby. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

This is a nice, clean, and very quiet hotel with excellent food and beverage service. The restaurant has a delicious menu with a nice dining room / deck. The hotel decor and surroundings are very comfortable and peaceful. The staff are professional and pet friendly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

I was trying to pass through Revelstoke and stay overnight on my way to the Okanogan. Traveling with my dog, I initially tried to book at another “Pet Friendly” hotel (The Glacier House Resort), which was recommended by a friend, through their online booking service. I decided to place a call to the hotel to confirm my reservation over the phone; although I had previously received an email confirmation after booking online. When I called the hotel, they had no record of my booking. After discussion it turned out that when booking online, there is no mention as to whether you are booking a “Pet Friendly” room or not. The hotel’s website’s main page clearly stated “Pet Friendly,” so when I saw no indication during booking that there were “Pet Friendly” or non-Pet rooms, I assumed I was getting a “Pet Friendly” room. So when my booking came to the hotel staff from their website, and they saw that I was booking a room and was bringing a pet, and that they had no “Pet Friendly” rooms available, they ignored my reservation. They didn’t even bother to pick up the phone; what kind of customer service is that.

I frantically called the Hillcrest (the top rated Pet Friendly hotel on Trip Advisor) and they HAPPILY moved things around to accommodate me. The fact that they did this with such short notice, and at a rate only slightly above what I was quoted at the other hotel (and at a rate BELOW what I would have had to pay for an actual “Pet Friendly” room at the other hotel) shows me why they seem to have a much higher customer satisfaction rating that other hotels.

For the effort Hillcrest put into accommodating my needs on such short notice and at such a reasonable rate, and the fact that they did it all with a cheery attitude, I am writing this positive review.

If you are traveling with a pet, don’t bother with trying to book with other hotels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

The hotel room we got was very clean and looked new. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that the hotel was built in 1999. I travelled with my dog so always wonder what room i may have to put up with but was on lower level. Perfect as i travelled with a 14 month old as well. The in house restaurant was fabulous esp the chicken with brie. Was very pricey though but worth it. Was a bit pricey for the minimum facilities provided. Pool would have been great and a complimentary breakfast for 143/night.

Mt Revlestoke was a great trip up in the car. Town of revelstoke did not like.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Camrose, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed 1 night at this hotel. Enjoyed the room and the hot tub. What a lovely location! As we were on the move fairly early the next morning we did not have our breakfast here so cannot comment. We found the beds comfortable and the room quiet and clean which was what we were looking for.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Coast Hillcrest Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!