“cute” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Vancouver, Canada
“cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

cute place for breakfast and coffee. we had coffee and some pastries (yummy). very nice atmosphere and nice outside seating

Visited August 2012

86% Recommend
London, Canada
“Lovely old home with a nice patio and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We enjoyed two meals at Main Street Cafe during our visit to Revelstoke, sitting on the busy patio both times. The Cafe is in an old brick home, ivy covered with lots of brick-a-brack. They display a plaque awarded them for detail in historical restoration.

I enjoyed the fact that the restaurant served an all-day breakfast, having eggs and potatoes on my first visit and a Mica veggie wrap on my second visit. My wife enjoyed a chicken Caesar wrap with beef barely soup, and second time, an apple cinnamon crepe. The food was all excellent, and service friendly and efficient.

Visited August 2012
Banff National Park, Canada
“Great spot but bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

With our favourite stop closed on Sunday, we chose this one as the setting is very nice. The staff said we could choose where to sit and we chose a table on the patio. My husband cleared the table himself and that was our first clue about the situation. Although the cafe interior was not that busy and there were plenty of waitresses emerging all morning, the service was very slow. I had to ask for my coffee refill three times before I finally went inside myself and asked yet another waitress for it. There was only one washroom for everyone and no real place to wait your turn.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vernon, Canada
“Tasty food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I tripped upon this restaurant online and thought we would give it a whirl while in the Revelstoke area. Very cute home covered in ivy of sorts. We chose to sit inside because it was a hot August afternoon. I do with we had of made the choice to sit outside though because we were directly in front of the washroom and that's never tasty when you're eating. Other then that our experience was excellent. We went for lunch and arrived around 1:00pm to a moderately slow restaurant. I ordered the ham and cheese sandwhich and it was delightfully yummy! My husband had some sort of eggs bennie with hashbrowns and thought it was delicious! The kids both had chicken caeser wraps and found them tasty as well. Prices are around the prices you would expect to pay at a sit down casual restaurant. Our bill came to around $63 including everything for 4 people (just to give you an idea)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“We went during the morning rush, might be better at an off time?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went to the Main Street Cafe today for breakfast on the recommendation of our hotel. We figured it had to be better to the local "fast food" sit down place we ate at earlier on in the week.

We arrived right at 8:30 for breakfast with three people, my wife, myself, and our little three year old who has a nut allergy.

We were told to "pick" a spot while we arrived and the place was booming. Booth the inside and the patio seating was full. There were only two people working the front of the house and they honestly looked like they had that "Deer in the Headlights" look.

We ordered pretty standard dishes of eggs, meat, and hashbrowns. We warned the chef about the nut allergy at the table and then asked for a juice and two coffees.

The coffees arrived pretty fast but then we only had one refill through-out the meal. It was almost like we were forgotten. The food arrived but it was slow and seemed rushed. It didn't deliver anything like what we were expecting and for the price.

If we went at around 9:30 (When we left) it probably would have been better as it was pretty quiet then.

On the plus side when the bill arrived they had "nut allergy" listed and hightlighted so the Chef didn't miss it. I personal like things like that as it takes the guess work out of things and we don't have to know where the nearest hospital is!

The food was ok but perhaps eat at an off time to get better service and food prepared with more "loving care".

• Visited July 2012