“It's all about service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel Revelstoke

You added Sandman Hotel Revelstoke to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel Revelstoke
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 Laforme Blvd | PO Box 2329, Revelstoke, British Columbia V0E 2S0, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Revelstoke
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“It's all about service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I booked a 4 day stay and ski spring package for 1st week in April. The room was good value for price and exceeded my expectations. On the first day of skiing I broke my leg - not the hotel's fault. The staff sprung into action. The Manager filled my prescription at the local pharmacy and deliverd the medications to my room. Another staff person assisted me at the door and made sure that I had acccess to everything that I needed. I was able to get a flight out the next day and hotel staff packed my bags, loaded the car and arranged for transportation back to Kelowna. I was traveling alone and the staff made it possible for me to depart in a timely way and looked after my every need. In the words of the terminator - I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Vermilion
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We only stayed one night on a return trip home. When we first checked in we were placed into a wing of the hotel that was under renovation. You could smell the dry wall dust, see the contruction work. Also you could smell, we think, mildew. The first room had some serious damage to it so we requested a move. It took about 30 minutes and we were relocated back to the "main" building behine the front desk. This was after someone came to check our concerns about the first room, told us we were being moved and how to get there. No offer to reload our stuff or move it to the new room (we are seniors).

The new room was nice, clean but still in need of some updating, but it was only one night so we stayed as it was going to be an early morning.

Not connected to the hotel - we had difficulty on a Friday evening to find a decent place to eat in town. While there is a Denny's attached to the hotel we wanted something different than fast food or Asian. We settled on one downtown but it was overpriced food that was probably COSTCO food.

Room Tip: until the renovations are done, ask to stay in the main building. Also watch where you park, you can...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
It is true that we are currently renovating our Hotel and have been for several months now. We are trying to manage the situation so as not to interfere with our current guests and for the most part we have been able to accomplish this but I am sorry to hear that this didn’t happen in your case. It would help me and future guests if you contacted me directly so I can find out why this happened.
On a positive note we are getting ready to unveil some of our new guest rooms and they are stunning. We will be doing all of our guest rooms in the South Building and then going back and putting some more updates to our rooms in the North Building. We have finished most of our public areas as well. We really are striving to provide you our guests with a much improved product.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It helps us to get “a little better every day”.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I drove from Vancouver to Banff, Alberta. We needed to place to stay for a nite after a long drive. Sandman was in superb location with very helpful staff escpially the lady at the front desk. She offered us to park our car in a disabled parking lot right infront of the hotel so they can keep an eye on our car as we have so many stuff in the car..

The room was good and clean overlooking the mountain with small kitchen. I would definitely recommend this hotel with my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: get a room facing the mountain it's quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about the service you received from the Guest Service Agent and the quality of the Hotel. What a great way to start a Monday!
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Front desk staff went out of their way to help. Very hospitable.
They had a good ski and stay rate ($150+tax for a single lift ticket and one night stay) for singles, which is rare. Most ski and stay packages at other hotels are based on double occupancy, which doesn't help me!
Rooms were average. Nice beds, fridge smelled musty and needed a good cleaning.
Hot tub was a good temperature, great after a day on the hill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Came here for business for one night reserved a two queen room was given a one queen room the room smelled funky which upset my tummy it was dark and icky atleast the bathroom was clean but when I called and asked about our room switch I was told that the room I requested was sold out and in future I should book a week in advance the nature of my business is Last Minute and I paid more for a cheap [--] room not happy not impressed will not come back here unless I absolutely have to :-(

So far off to a not a happy start

• Stayed February 2013
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate the feedback of our guests as it helps us to avoid this type of situation in the future and we need your help to improve. I wouldn’t like a room that smells funky either and we certainly have ways to correct that and that should have been done. Inventory control is especially difficult to manage with many sources of reservations. We do have several different categories of rooms and they are not always all available especially in this our busy season but we do try as best we can to meet everyone’s wishes. If you would contact me directly I will investigate the situation and try to make things right. Hoping I can be of help to you and all of our guests.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here between Jan 6-10, 2013. We booked a king bed kitchenette. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The kitchenette was small and the dishes and cutlery was very limited. Hot tub and pool were nice although the hot tub was too hot on the first night and after we told the front desk about the temp in the tub, the next day it was fine. The price was right after we used a discount coupon attached to our Costco ski passes for the Revelstoke Ski Resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Banff, the hotel was dated and in need of some serious renovations, our room was okay quite big but again it needed modernising. There was no restaurant attached to the hotel however Denny's was located next door and there were the usual fast food chains across the road. It was okay for an overnight stay however I would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gordon B, Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I think your assessment of some of our rooms and public spaces is fair. Fortunately for all of our future guests the Sandman Hotel Group has decided to do a major renovation. We are phasing it in right now so as not to disturb our current guests. I am really excited about the product that we will be unveiling over the next few months. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are headed to Banff.

Been to Sandman Hotel Revelstoke? Share your experiences!