“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 53 restaurants in Revelstoke
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: It is extensively reviewed at http://www.yelp.ca/biz/the-village-idiot-revelstoke
Calgary
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had their pizza, which was good. The restaurant was freezing and I wasn't allowed to turn the fan off. I would be a fantatic place after a day of skiing and I am sure it would be more lively. Would visit again.

Visited August 2013

90% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“My favorite place in Revelstoke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Found this place by accident on my way through Revelstoke one time and since then it has become mine and my hubby's go-to place when we pass through and need food we know will be delicious. On this most recent trip I had clam linguine in butter and garlic w/capers and every bite was so delicious I was sad there wasn't more (even though the serving was generous). Washed down with one of the best Caesars I'd had in a long time (I watched them make it and they free-poured the vodka....always a good sign). My hubby had the kitchen sink burger which was a burger patty with a chicken breast, back bacon, bacon, and a fried egg topped off with a lovely smoked corn salsa. He was in protein heaven. I've had their chili too which is to die for. They do a good job at making the ordinary a little more special, and they give their menu items some creative names too. The service here has always been friendly and prompt, and the place is usually busy and rightfully so....it's awesome. They have a really nice outdoor patio too, we didn't get to enjoy it this time around for more than 5 minutes because unfortunately the wasps were out in full force but not their fault. It's also well priced which only adds to the experience. Can't wait for my next stop through!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abbotsford
“They said this is the place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Late evening, Thursday night. Just off the road. Our B&B hosts said "Try the Village Idiot." Walked in and felt, well, old, but welcome.... Sat at the bar and were immediately approached and welcomed...
Can't say enough about the service or quality and quantity of food. Even though it was just a beer and natchos get you through to morning meal, observing some of the other meals being carted out under our noses you could tell it was all good....
We will certainly return for another go around but in the mean time I certainly recommend you stop in for a meal and a pint....

Visited August 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Thank you TAdvisor readers for your ratings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We chose this restaurant because of reader comments, and were not disappointed. We were fortunate to arrive right before the crowds that filled the restaurant.
The food was excellent. The pierogies with bacon and cheese topping were delicious. The poutine-Fries with gravy was delicious. Even my husband loved my "Kitchen sink" choice which is like a hamburger but also with chicken, mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes and corn, a unique tasty combination.
I loved the decor of the chairs with ski backs.
We would definitely return. The waitress was busy, but the bar guy kept a very close eye on making sure everyone was taken care of.
Our recommendation is to get here a little before the main meal time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Nice atmosphere and kid-friendly/gluten-free friendly location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

After reading some reviews online on a few different restaurants in Revelstoke, we decided to try The Village Idiot because it caters to families as well as individuals who are gluten-intolerant. We ordered gluten-free pizza, the maple salmon main dish, regular pizza, and ribs. The gluten-free pizza was excellent, the salmon was good but the scalloped potatoes it came with were a bit dry, the regular pizza was good, and the ribs were 7.5 out of 10. Not Tony Roma quality, but good overall.

Our waitress was very friendly and helpful and we found the overall prices to be fairly reasonable. The atmosphere was great, similar to a country restaurant mixed with a sports grill set-up. It was a unique experience seeing how skis were used as part of the furniture!

We would definitely eat here again on our travels. Thanks!

• Visited August 2013