“Deep powder, good friends - it doesn't get any better” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 18 Activities in Revelstoke
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever dreamed of floating effortlessly over acres of virgin powder then dropping spectacularly into a treed bowl of equally untouched terrain? For 31 years Great Northern Snowcat Skiing has been bringing those dreams to life. Since 1979, GREAT NORTHERN has strived to provide a quality wilderness skiing experience for our valued guests.We are passionate and focused on maximizing the uniqueness of our operation with highly personalized service and a refreshing attitude towards the ski vacation experience. Distinguished by our individuality, Great Northern’s exclusive “boutiqueness” offers a smaller, more personalized backcountry skiing alternative. By choice, we operate only one state-of-the art passenger snowcat, with just one group of 16 skiers per week. Our signature service from friendly and professional reservation, mountain and lodge staff guarantees our guests' comforts and well-being are first and foremost. With 45 square miles of pristine terrain and over 600 inches of snow annually, Great Northern skiers experience a truly unique sense of intimacy and adventure in the heart of the majestic Selkirk Mountains of British Columbia.
Daly City, California
“Deep powder, good friends - it doesn't get any better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

For great powder skiing in a spectacular setting, Great Northern can't be beat. Personal care and attention is given to every detail in this small group setting, from comfortable facilities to five-star meals to a single snowcat group of skiers. This is skiing for purists, and it's pure heaven for snow and terrain quality. And unlike helicopters, there are no "down" days - we ski in all conditions and love it. Come ready to ski hard by day and just relax by night, and bring plenty of your own libations.

Calgary, Canada
“awesome skiing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I have been skiing at Great Northern every year for close to 20 years. The experience has been consistently awesome with exceptional powder skiing and a great "people experience" including staff and other guests.

Sacramento, California
“Fabulous Backcountry skiing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

From the moment I arrived until I left, one week later, I had a fabulous adventure skiing the Selkirk Wilderness. The staff welcomed us paying close attention to detail in the Lodge and providing great mountaineering skill in exploring the backcountry. I'm looking forward for my return visit again when the snow flies.

Boston, Massachusetts
“An incomparable experience--18 years and counting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

My brother and I started coming to Great Northern in 1993 and have been returning each year since. It is truly a magical place. The snow is almost always exceptional, the terrain is fabulous, and the staff is incredibly professional and fun. I have been heli-skiing and snow cat skiing at a number of different places in BC and the states and without question, Great Northern is my favorite. You will not be disappointed. J. Burton

Visited January 2011
Lake Geoge, ny
“Our Favorite Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

We have spent one week at Great Northern every winter for almost 20 years. The skiing is outstanding, the scenery breath-taking, the staff and guides fun to be with (and very responsible), and the food delicious. The accommodations are comfortable and encourage having fun with the group, but you can also find privacy if you like. Over the years, it has become apparent to me that the geographic area seems to be a snow magnet (I believe Brent, the owner, researched this well before deciding on a location). It's a great place to have a vacation with a group of friends or family.
-Jim Fuchs