“Hated it and would never go back.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Revelstoke

You added Super 8 Revelstoke to your Saves list
Super 8 Revelstoke
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1700 W. Victoria Road | Box 2964, Revelstoke, British Columbia V0E 2S0, Canada   |
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Revelstoke
williams lake
“Hated it and would never go back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

I stayed at this hotel with my three year daughter. I did not make an reservation but did manage to get a room. The room was small. Couldn't go to the washroom and close the door without feeling closed in. The staff was nice but she put us on the second floor and I am 7 months pregnant. I would of said something but I assumed there was an elevator and there was not. So I had to lug up all our luggage which was exhausting because when you have a three year old you don't travel light. Once we got settled into our closet we went to check out the pool. Small but it suited our needs. Once we got in I noticed it was quite dirty on the bottom. But we stayed in because my daughter really wanted to swim. I did notice the train tracks by the motel but didn't really clue in how loud they are. It was more noticable at night when we were trying to sleep. I swear it was like every ten minutes they would go by and whistle. So I did not get a lot of sleep. My daughter had no problem.
In the morning we had breakfast in the lobby which wasn't the best. I think all I had was toast and tea. My daughter would not eat anything so we ended up going to the Frontier restaurant. They had a computer with internet so I thought I would check the road conditions before we left and I couldn't get the computer to work at all. And I know computers and this one was crap. Then at check out we had to lug our luggage down the stairs and the person at the desk just watched and said and did nothing to help. I get more service at the grocery store. Would I stay there again? No, not even with my husband.

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kindersley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

We stayed here with 3 small children this past August for 2 nights and I really enjoyed it. It was very clean, the service was great, and the price was right.

• Stayed August 2005
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

One night stay - 13 April 2006

We had a look on the net for a hotel downtown and according to this hotel's website, it is downtown. When we got there, we found that its not downtown, but near the highway and right next to the railway tracks. We did mention this fact to the friendly, helpful girl who checked us in .. she apologized and asked us if we had a look online and we said yes. She was saying they are trying now for the last 2 years to get head office to change the online map which is wrong,but so far no success.

The hotel is in great shape, we had access through a backdoor towards the highway's side for easy access to our car, that I found to be convenient. You just swipe your hotel cardkey in a box outside next to the outside door and the door opens.

Our room was facing the train tracks about 50 m away, we saw lots of trains and it was nice to often hear the train coming ! I loved the train at night too, but if you are a light sleeper this hotel might not be a good idea or ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. Although this hotel is near the Trans Canada Highway, we never heard any noise from the road or even saw the highway from the hotel. The room was clean and newer, with the basic stuff - 2 very comfy beds. I like hotel rooms like this one, where the bathroomsink is actually outside the bathroom in a little passage as you approach the toilet and shower that is in the bathroom. In room we had no coffee maker as a basic continental breakfast is included.

Check in was fast and friendly, we paid $79 for one night which came to $95 after all the taxes were added. At the front counter you can get a tear off map of Revelstoke, that we found very useful later in the eve when we went sightseeing, a nice town with lots to see.

Right near the front desk is a small pool and hot tub, we didn't use it, it looked fine, but not private as its right in the lobby almost. Right across from the front desk is an area with a few tables and chairs where a complimentary continental breakfast is served between 7 and 9 :30 am - fresh orange juice, coffee, muffins, slices of bread, butter and jam on a self help basis. A microwave and toaster is available in this common area.

Another plus is ... this hotel shares the parking lot with a Shell gas station, convenient store and Tim Horton's.... indeed very convenient.

We had a very pleasant stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2006
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2006

We book over the phone,Two hard doule beds,the worst hide a bed ever.And the floors were sticky from previously spilled drinks.an the management was phoning at 10:25 to remind us to be out at 11:00.
The pool was small but they kept it warm.Not much of a complimentary breakfast,But Tim Hortons next door

• Stayed March 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2005

We would highly reccomend a stay at this motel for those on a budget. The staff were very friendly, and the accommodation clean and comfortable. There are laundry facilities on site, and a small swimming pool. The motel is within walking distance of the centre of revelstoke, and is easily found just off highway one.

• Stayed June 2004
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2004

Like all Super 8 Motels, this one offer very clean, very comfortable non-luxurious accomodation at a reasonable price. The best value in Revelstoke if all you want is a comfortable place to sleep.

This a a great place to stay for a night while you visit the Museum of Rail Travel.

Been to Super 8 Revelstoke? Share your experiences!