Travelling from BC - NB with two adults and two dogs, we stopped in almost every province: this was our first stop.
- Don’t be worried - a bit out of the way, borderline sketchy, but it’s such a pleasant surprise when you get there. The location is very remote and beautiful
- easy check in, Lauren was extremely helpful and accommodating
- do NOT book through expedia – we booked through there and was given completely wrong information, almost had to find a different place because of dogs but she found a room and gave it to us for a reasonable price (since the upgrade cost us a bit) Helpful Tip: If the price on expedia is lower than what the hotel website says call the Hotel directly and ask them if they can give you the price on expedia. They will most likely lower the price!
- Make sure you check that you have a pet friendly room if that’s what you need – if you bring pets into non-pet friendly rooms there is a $200 fine. The fee for pets is $20 per pet
- The room we stayed is was 110 – a cabin. It was very spacious and clean. Has everything you would need. Nothing too fancy but very homey
- Only thing it didn’t have that we would see in other places is a mini fridge and microwave. There was a coffee maker in the bathroom that worked perfectly
- The shower’s water pressure wasn’t my favourite but it wasn’t unbearably weak
- The beds were okay, and we were in a room with two beds between two people so we had many pillows to choose from
- We did not try their breakfast there as we were on a tight budget – we were told it was free by the expedia agent – however the charge is $12.50 a person. It might be worth checking out if your planning on buying breakfast anyway. Breakfast was served in a nice sit down restaurant area.
- The hot tub, pool, and sauna were very clean so relaxing, and they had pool towels at the front desk so you don't have to use your room towels.
- We Paid 138 plus tax – then had to pay 69 for upgrade fee
Overall it was quite pricy, however the privacy of the cabin, use of the pool, spa and hot tub and the friendly staff made it worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10kms north of Revelstoke in a quiet area with breath-taking scenery. Spacious lodge rooms and cozy log cabins are perfect for all group sizes. Relax in the indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna, and enjoy classic Canadian cuisine in the Gallery Restaurant and Bar, with sunny patio overlooking Mount Begbie. Warm up after the snow in our downstairs bar with open fireplace. Please note; The Gallery Restaurant and Bar is open on SELECT DAYS ONLY outside of peak season. Please call for up to date information! We welcome you and your well behaved pets! Glacier House is happy to offer some pet friendly rooms. Please note; SELECT ROOMS ONLY are pet friendly and must be requested at time of booking. PETS STAY FREE in April, may and June 2015 - t&c apply, please call for details! Recently certified by Green Tourism Canada, we are working hard to improve our sustainability and environmental practices. STEP OUT TO ADVENTURE AT GLACIER HOUSE RESORT!! Summer: Glacier House is in the heart of Revelstoke's epic hiking and mountain bike trails. Play croquet or bocce on our huge lawn, or bring your bike and get rad in our very own REVELOUTION bike park! Explore cool waters with great deals on canoe and paddle board rental - we have our own private dock on Lake Revelstoke. Direct access to the motocross track and ATV trails on Frisby mountain just 2kms down the road. Discounted Golf passes available for Revelstoke Golf Course just minutes away. Revelstoke has so much to offer in Summer, step out and find YOUR adventure! Call us direct to get the best deals and prices! Winter; Get out and discover the legendary snowfall that Revelstoke is famous for! Ride from your door to snowmobile trails and alpine terrain on Boulder and Frisby mountains, waist deep powder is just moments away. Nordic skiing and back country touring are available close by. Revelstoke Mountain Resort is a short distance away with 5620ft of unbelievable skiing on and off piste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Glacier House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glacier House Hotel Revelstoke
- Glacier Hotel Revelstoke