“Don't stay at the Nelson Lodge, Revelstoke Mountain Resort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort

You added The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort to your Saves list
The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2950 Camozzi Road, Revelstoke, British Columbia V0E 2S0, Canada (Formerly The Nelsen Lodge)   |
Special Offer
Two EXCLUSIVE Hotel Perk
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Revelstoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Don't stay at the Nelson Lodge, Revelstoke Mountain Resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Read the title of my review and stay somewhere else. This hotel looks great in the setting that its in but lacks staffing that really cares. First, the rooms looked clean when we checked in at night but when morning came we found some big surprises. Most of the silverware and dishes were dirty and still had food on them, the king size bed had black hair on the sheets and pillows. We knew that it wasn't any of us because we are all blond. The room that we stayed in was a delux studio for 4 people but had a dinning room table for 2 only?????? No enough hooks, hangers and storage space for a family of 4. Our studio would be great for 2 people only not 3 or 4. No, did I say no accommidations at the hotel. No restaurants, no stores, no coffee shops, stores, etc, etc, etc. No city or hotel transportation to get into the town of Revelstoke. And the best part of our stay was seeing and hearing the cleaning crew in the room next to ours sitting on the floor with what looked like the friends watching tv while another one of there friends was sitting on the floor in the hallway talking on there phone using very bad language that our children could here. Do your self a favor and stay somewhere else. We were scheduled for a week but left after 2 days.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I can't speak for the winter season, but for the summer, this was a great find! Worth the approx five minute drive off the highway, the value for the dollar was awesome. Great King Bedroom suite, we went with two school age children who each got their own pullout sofa to sleep on, and we had a bedroom complete with king size bed and ensuite to ourselves!

The kitchen was great, with all necessary items for a great dinner. We were on the third floor, only a bit down the hall from the hot tub, also great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

A good property located in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by an enormous construction camp. Very good, spacious, well equipped rooms. I would reccomend only for a short stay, due to the awful contsruction works.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel was great. Very friendly staff who upgraded us to a 2 bdrm suite overlooking the mountain.. Thanks again JC. Great for 2 couples as it has 2full bathrooms, full kitchen with modern appliances and even a gear room either stacked washer and dryer. Tons of potential one the mountain opens for business in the winter. Definitely recommend

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I bought a package and when I see the word lodge, I don't expect this to be oh so fantastic. Me and my family thought it gonna be a small inn. The lobby was small, and tight, the corridor is just random. But when I open the door, the first thing I said is, "wow".

I become like my lil sister who's curiously open the drawer one by one, and they always have a good thing inside the drawers. They provides, a complete kitchen, with a dishwasher! And washing machine and dryer. Everything was complete, but my room light was dead, and I called the reception, and they're saying they going to send someone up for fixing. And yet, none came till I was so tired and fall a sleep. The extra blanket wasn't fold properly, and it was like a dot in the middle of perfection.

Breakfast was sad. I know they might be expecting us to cook and prepare it our self since they have a complete kitchen there.
But overall, nelsen lodge is one of the best hotel I ever stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here recently for 1 night whilst driving from van to Calgary. Nelsen lodge is nothing short of beautiful. Whilst we visited in summer, I can imagine this place would be amazing/busy in winter. We were so excited to see our room, assuming we would have a view as you're surrounded by gorgeous mountains. We assumed wrong..We opened our beautiful curtains to be faced with a construction site. Such a disappointment, whilst we were nothing short of happy with the room itself, we did visit reception to see if we could be moved to a room with a better view (if not, a view of something other than a building!?) the place had been a ghost town all afternoon/night but we were told they were full? If I'd been made aware at the time of booking, we may have booked a larger/ more expensive room, or booked elsewhere. The staff were lovely though and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011
CBelam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed here in February 2010 (the site wouldn't let me check this date for some reason) the lodge was still under construction but I didn't notice that as I was out on the slopes the first day and then could not hear anything from my appartment on the second day. I had my own ski instructor the day that I went skiing and he was super friendly and helped me get to grips with the basics pretty quickly. I understand from speaking to other people that this mountain is no beginner friendly but I have never skied before but managed to make it from the magic carpet to the lodge on my own by the end of the first day. The Rockford Grill had just opened when I stayed and although they were still ironing out the kinks, the food was good and the staff very helpful and friendly. The lodge it right in front of the ski lifts so you don't need to faf with coaches/shuttles etc and the drying rooms for the equipment when you come in from the slopes are a good size. The lodge itself is stylish and luxurious and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort

Address: 2950 Camozzi Road, Revelstoke, British Columbia V0E 2S0, Canada (Formerly The Nelsen Lodge)
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Kootenay Rockies > Revelstoke
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Revelstoke
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort 3.5*
The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort is a true ski-in, ski-out luxury condominium style hotel, consisting of 3 buildings connected by an underground heated parking facility and serviced by a beautifully appointed central lobby. This smoke-free property features 222 guest rooms and suites, premium amenities, and three on-site dining experiences: Rockford wok|bar|grill, The Mackenzie Common Tavern, and La Baguette located in the village next to the Revelation Gondola, minutes from downtown Revelstoke. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.