“SO Fun! First of many times to come” 5 of 5 stars

250-837-9477
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: With four separate exciting attractions (high Ropes Challenge Course, Adventure Tower, Jungle Gym and Kids Tree Adventure), there is something for all ages at SkyTrek! This fun and adrenaline-pumping Adventure Park has been operating for four years during which time there has been continuous growth and exciting new expansions: ziplines, monkey bars, nets, bridges, sky swing, sky drop, climbing walls and even a skateboard in the trees!!!SkyTrek Adventure Park can be found tucked into the impressive old growth cedar trees 32km west of Revelstoke along the Trans-Canada highway, next to The Enchanted Forest. Open Daily from Mid May to Thanksgiving.
Revelstoke, Canada
15 attraction reviews
“SO Fun! First of many times to come”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had a work fun-day and we booked the ropes course at Sky Trek. I had never done anything even close to this before so I was not very confident with what to do, but the staff are very helpful and make you feel like family. Boy I had so much fun up in the trees! I had such a good time I ended up reserving a spot to go again so I am bringing my boyfriend for his first time (now my second) on the 7th! If you love the outdoors and having a good adventure I HIGHLY recommend Sky Trek. I also tried the High Swing - what a rush!

Visited September 2013
skytrekadventurepark, Manager at Skytrek Adventure Park, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you Naomi for this great review!

Salmon Arm, Canada
21 attraction reviews
“Fun in the trees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

What a cool place. So fun hanging out on the ropes. Totally worth the admission. A must see on your way to Revelstoke.

Visited September 2013
skytrekadventurepark, Manager at Skytrek Adventure Park, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking your time for this great review! We are glad you enjoy our course and looking forward to see you in the trees in the future!
Merritt, Canada
“Not a terrible experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Planned a family trip (bf, his 2 kids, his sister and myself) And we were all really looking forward to visiting Skytrek. Now don't get me wrong, the high ropes course was pretty awesome! Very challenging, very physically demanding.. We're one of those families that likes to try and be active though, so for us, it was awesome!
The problems...For starters.. I had won a free pass for the drop, my bfs sis bought a ride on it. it really didn't seem to be worth the money spent..for 20 bucks you get one drop, and from what they said it wasn't really all that fun.
Next issue.. Although this one I expected.. The wait.. we were told it takes 1-3 hours to complete the course... They really should look a little further into that, because it took us about 4 hours to complete. Mainly because we were always stuck waiting... I'm not sure if ours was the last group for training, but I know for a fact a lot of people behind us left before getting close to finishing.
Now the employees... Some of them were friendly... Don't get me wrong, but I honestly believe some of those people should not be working there. They seemed as though they hated what they do. One of the members of our group was a little slow on some obstacles.. Which really shouldn't have been a big deal because the platforms ahead of me were all full, meaning that I couldn't cross a 'game' to get there... So the person taking their time was behind me, and in turn not holding anyone up any more than the people ahead. That being said, the girl working there kept being very rude and very pushy.. told a different person in my party that he had to hurry up and move, even there there was barely any room on the platform ahead, and behind? well it was me and 2 more from our group coming up, so really there was no need to rush him.. We found the way she talked to us was extremely rude, and instead of directly speaking to the person moving a little slow, she instead was yelling directions at myself... She wasn't friendly about it, she just put more pressure on them, and made it harder to complete the obstacle.
Nearing the end of the black diamond run, we were told that it was strongly suggested our group member get down then... instead of actually giving her a choice though, as she approached the exit, another lady working there told her that the exit she would be taking was right there. You know what, we paid our money for the course... When they told people that in 5 minutes they had to find the nearest exit... Well that was a bit much.. Apparently this place can't stay open a little late? and also has to tell people they need to get off the course, even when they weren't the reason for the hold ups the whole way across... I'm not sure why she was told to get off, when there were plenty of other people in front of us holding up the course, none of them were told they needed to get down.
I think the experience would have been better if they could have stayed opened a little later, maybe have smaller group sizes, and have employees who are more friendly and patient.
But other than that, if you enjoy being up in the trees and taking part in very physical activities... then it was worthwhile.

Visited August 2013
Veronika S, Manager at Skytrek Adventure Park, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for visiting SkyTrek Adventure Park and letting us know about your experience.
We appreciate you taking your time and writing this review.

I'm sorry to hear that your friends didn't found the 13 meter free fall SkyDrop challenging enough and you find it expensive. We do try to keep our prices low and affordable. To compare the SkyDrop price in other Parks in UK and Australia is equivalent of $35CND.

The average time to complete all three courses is about 2.5 hours and while experienced returning customers who are comfortable in heights usually take less, it very much depends on the season and time of the day. During our peak season and later in the day as much as we try our best to organize the training as often as possible and coach and encourage all participants through their course experience it might take up to 4 hours to complete all levels.

I am most sorry to hear that you didn't get good experience with our guides as customer service is very important to us. Our guides are trained to coach and assist participants throughout the course and again I'm sorry to hear if it came across as "pushy".

We do need to maintain the safety margin before dark when closing the park and can't have participants up in the trees in dusk.

To have the best experience possible we highly recommend to visit the Park in the morning or low season.
We hope to see you in the trees again and Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Veronika Stevenson
Operations Manager
SkyTrek Adventure Park
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Fun in the Trees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Skytrek was great fun! We capped off our vacation with a stop here to try the High Ropes course.

My two daughters also tried the Sky Swing. $25 each for the swing seemed pricey to me. My girls enjoyed the ride but it was over in a blink. Not much value for this attraction in my opinion.

We then moved on to the High Ropes. After waiting about half an hour for our orientation group to assemble we then went on to the training course for a lengthy period of training (about an hour). The group assembled was large, and you had to wait for each person to demonstrate proficiency before moving on. Finally all trained we got to start on the green course, progressing to the blue and black. The information we received indicated the course could take 1 - 3 hours. What we didn't realize was that much of this time is spent waiting for others to move. When we finished our hour of training and went to climb the first tower we actually had to wait for members of the orientation group that were ahead of us. Throughout the entire experience our entire group was slowed by a hesitant young participant who needed encouragement and coaxing to complete the stages ("games"). So what I thought would take a couple or few hours turned out to be 4.5 hours. Some participant family groups behind me exited after the blue course saying they didn't have the patience to wait. None of the staff on the ground got involved or suggested any way to allow others to "play through" as I would have expected. As a result, there where people on the course at closing time who were told they would have to descend at the nearest opportunity without having completed the whole course.

Ok, enough griping. Having said all this I would totally do this course again. But only if there weren't too many people in front of me. It seemed to thin out later in the day. I'm pretty sure that after the training you could blaze through this in about an hour if there were no impediments to your progress. The instruction and supervision was good and the staff were friendly and seemed to really enjoy what they did and interacting with people. Kudos to the staff. The couse was interesting and varied. Everything looked secure and safe (as long as you secured your cables properly). The value for the dollar on this attraction was acceptable. I had a lot of fun with 2 of my kids hanging out in the tree tops and watching each other complete the challenges. Talk about a captive audience.

Persons with disabilities information - My wife has some difficulty walking up hills. To access the Admission building you have to climb a fairly steep hill. Even from "Parking Lot 3" which is closest to the building it is challenging for anyone with a disability. We found out later that we could have summoned a golf cart escort from the Enchanted Forest building to take her up there. After that though, you are on your own. Non participants can follow the progress of their family/friends by following paths up the hill under the Ropes course. Given that my wife was accompanied by my teenage daughter and had 4.5 hours to do it, she was able to follow our progress. There was no seating anywhere for them though; just the odd rock or fallen tree to sit on. You would think there could be a bench placed out there given the facility themselves acknowledge a 3 hour time frame is common.

RV Parking - The day we were there the lots were packed. Some curbside parking for RV's and Truck/trailer combos but NOT really 'Big Rig Friendly'. We parked our RV in a roadside pullout about a kilometer west of the attraction. I worried the whole time we might return to find it vandalized or burglarized but fortunately it survived unscathed.

Bottom Line - I've listed the deficits but I reiterate-- I really loved the High Ropes course. It is totally worth the money and if you have teens its a perfect opportunity to have conversation with them. Bring a snack and a camera and you'll be fine. Empty your bladder before entering the course cause if you need to come down to pee you are considered done.

Calgary, Canada
“Holy Crap !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is awesome!!!!! We have been to the Enchanted Forest a few times in the past when my kids were younger. After the last time, My husband and I promised that we would come back to try Skytrek when they were tall/old enough, so this the the year to make good on our promise. My youngest is eight and my older boy is 11, and they completely amazed us. I, being afraid of heights, agreed to go up on the course to help my eight year old, but as it turned out, I just slowed my husband and the boys down. After the green - easy? section, with a little help from Lucas (zip lines take more upper body strength than I thought) I gladly bowed out. The boys tried the jungle gym as well ,which they loved, but maybe were a bit too old for it compared to the other little people using it. It is expensive, but worth it. The staff was very professional, and after the through training course, I was confident to try the high ropes. We were not disappointed and will be back. I do recommend that you be in good physical shape. One criticism I have, is that they didn't sell much in the way of food (water,pop, juice, Gatorade, chips and chocolate bars). Perhaps, more healthy choices (protein bars, sandwiches, raw veggies, fruit, yogurt, salads, cheese, milk) would be better suited to the type of customers you attract.