“Nice art, good beds, nice kitchen” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Podollan Inn

Save Saved
You added Podollan Inn to your Saves list
Podollan Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1460 TransCanada Hwy NE, Salmon Arm, British Columbia VE1 4N1, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Salmon Arm
Calgary, Canada
“Nice art, good beds, nice kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I'm sure I am not the only weary traveller on Highway One who has found this place to be a welcome retreat on the halfway point between Vancouver and Calgary. I have a habit of reading the hotel guide binders and Podollan's claimed to have an affiliation with a local gym so I was able to get in a good workout. The gym was easy to find and very well equipped -- way better than the usual one-room motel gym.. May seem like a small thing but the art in the room was a pleasant surprise; interesting work rather than the stock mountain/ocean/prairie prints one usually finds. My smoke alarm went off randomly in the middle of the night which was a startle but when I mentioned it, the front desk reduced my price at checkout and that was very welcome. Breakfast was good (but the waiter could have kept some of his opinions to himself.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on offering those fine extra features – unique art depicting the local area, and complimentary passes to a gym and the aquatic centre. We look forward to your return.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice place to stay.
Big room. Good view. Nice food.
Perfect service.
Nice bath room.
Old style tv.

• Stayed May 2012
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We are in the process of instaling flat screen TVs. See you again soon.
Chilliwack
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Overall, our stay at this hotel was good. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The shower was not very enjoyable because the water spray was weak and scattered. There was an intermittent buzzing in the room which I discovered came from the pop machine on the floor above us. We also had a small nail sticking up in the metal trim where the carpet met the tile floor. They fixed it the day we mentioned it to them. My wife and I were there for 6 days on business. The hotel looks good and we liked the room. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012 via mobile

I am going to start this review with saying this was my first time in Salmon Arm and it left a lasting impression. The hotel was well kept, clean and had an upscale modern feel yet that beachy vibe outdoors. My favorite thing a out this hotel like no other was the spacious rooms that had sliding doors opening to the beautiful pool! Was refreshing by day or lit up by night. The beds were so comfortable and the linen was great. Towels were large and fluffy and had a robe. The thing I enjoyed most was the pool and garden areas. Excellent size outdoors with lush garden around it and the hot tub. The in house restaurant was excellent for lunch, dinner and just for appetizers and drinks. The staff was friendly and the food was wonderful. I am rating this place almost 5/5 however the location was a bit awkward. It's hard exciting at busy times and wish it was within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Would I stay again, yes. All in all this is a wonderfully priced hotel for all the service and luxury it offers. I recommend this hotel to anyone holidaying there .

• Stayed August 2011
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and kind remarks which I have shared with staff. The next time you are here, we will show you the walking trail from the front door of our hotel to downtown shops, the lakeshore trail and wharf. It’s about a 10 minute walk, or alternatively a short drive. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Melanie Tighe-Lovsin
Director of Sales & Marketing
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Once again, I opted for the Podollan while I was in Salmon Arm for Business. And once again, Podollan staff went above and beyond.
They noted my room preferences and had me set up for a quick check In and out. I needed some directions and recommendations for a running trail and they were happy to provide me with a map and suggestions.
By far this is one of the best hotels that I have stayed at.
The beds are to die for, the rooms are quiet, clean and modern. The pool and hot tub are beautiful and there are trails right outside the hotel entrance.
And don't fleet to go to Table 24; one of the best places to eat in town is right in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

Admittedly not our first choice but it shoul have been. Clean, quiet, even though it is on highway 1. Staff could not be more helpful. Room was excellent in all respects although a bit warm. We actually pulled out the space heater plug for the night and it was minus 2 outside. A great experience overall even though there was a camera happy tourist bus group in at the same time. Would stay again as first choice.

• Stayed December 2011
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Admittedly I stayed here after spending the previous 5 nights in a youth hostel in Vancouver, so my opinions on the huge, clean room, comfortable beds and generous supply of clean towels and dressing gown may be slightly skewed, however I do believe that I would have been just as impressed had I not been in such desperate need of quality sleep!

The room I stayed in overlooked the swimming pool, was enormous, incredibly clean and was just what I was after. I also ate in the restaurant downstairs - even though I had been advised not to. The food was lovely, yes, slightly pricey, but with not having the time to go into the centre of Salmon Arm it was great to be able to get what I needed. The service was excellent.

Overall I was very impressed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Podollan Inn? Share your experiences!