“Tasty Pies” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Tasty Pies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had heard good things about this establishment and I wasn't disappointed with the pies. The pastry is wonderfully flaky and the pie had a good amount of meat in the filling. I enjoyed the Chicken and Leek whilst others I was with has the Steak and another had a soup which was apparently rather tasty. We did however have to ask for forks as the pies are only served with forks, this wasn't a problem however and they were promptly brought over. The drinks were also very nice and I can recommend the fruit smoothies. One thing that was mentioned during our visit is that it would be nice in the summer if they could extend their liquor license to the outside area so that the beer sold could be enjoyed there instead of just inside. The place is busy and pies seem to sell out on occasion due to popularity but with so much choice between fruit (sweet) and savoury this doesn't seem to be a problem. The pies also come with coleslaw, of which I am not much of a fan, however the mayonnaise dressing isn't too much and therefore it is quite enjoyable. My only slight downside was the price but perhaps that is just me as the amount of people in there suggested that it was reasonable. Overall this is somewhere I would recommend for a light lunch time bite to eat. In the winter it is apparently a popular spot with local activity clubs.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

uk
“Good pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Passed through and had to try the pies and was not disappointed.
The other half had a Bumbleberry and cream, I opted for a savoury,Steak and Stout,which came with slaw. If you get the savoury pies to go you pay the same,but get no slaw.
Both were tasty and fresh.
I think we got there too late(4pm) as quite a few pies had sold out,so get there early for more choice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Ridiculously, almost comically, overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The last time I checked Salmon Arm's main drag was hardly Rodeo Drive, so to get a tiny meat pie with admittedly heavenly superflaky pastry on top of a tin containing what is probably an ounce of meat and a couple of ounces of potato in a gravy sauce so bland that it likely never saw a salt grain since its inception for EIGHT DOLLARS is nothing short of madness. When I saw the size of the pie I had just paid that much for I thought they had served me the wrong order. You've got to be kidding, right? I've had these types of meat pies all over the world, from Britain to Australia and I've rarely paid more than a couple of dollars for them... and for much tastier ones to boot. Gregg's Steak Bake in England, for example, is about one pound and thirty pence which works out right to about a couple of dollars. And it is arguably a much tastier pie since they actually use salt and pepper! Sure, the Shuswap is where Albertans come to spend their ample petrodollars, but this is ridiculous! You'll never see me in this ludicrously overpriced location again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Oh my, love the pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

If you find yourself in the Salmon Arm area of BC, do not miss the opportunity to sample something from the Shuswap Pie Company. The people are pastry pros (you can watch them rolling pastry right there) and their pie selections are bountiful and the taste unbeatable. We shared a chicken and leak pie for lunch - oh, baby - and it was just divine! We then shared a slice of the London buttermilk pie which was equally delicious. Not only is the pastry light and flaky, but their fillings are superb as well. We were staying at a condo nearby so couldn't resist taking a cherry pie back with us. It was out of this world, too. Can you tell we like this place??!!
Oh yeah, and they have yummy looking salads and stuff, too. But the pie had my eye!!!!

Visited July 2014
Kamloops
“great place for a quick bite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great place for a quick bite. Everything we ordered was very tasty and fresh. The place was full but at the end of the lunch rush we didn't have to wait too long for a table inside. We would definitely eat here again.

• Visited June 2014