“Beautiful lake view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prestige Harbourfront Resort

You added Prestige Harbourfront Resort to your Saves list
Prestige Harbourfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   251 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm, British Columbia V1E 2W7, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
BC
“Beautiful lake view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a great 4 night stay - travelling for business. Loren at the front desk is both helpful and discreet. We ate at the restaurant a couple of times during our stay and the food was consistently good. The out door hot tub was really nice and the lake view was beautiful. Thank you again to the staff and management for a comfortable week!

• Stayed February 2013
PrestigeHotels, Public Relations Manager at Prestige Harbourfront Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Our team works hard to ensure that each guest has an enjoyable stay, and it is so rewarding to know that you had a restful sleep and wonderful visit during your business trip. I would be pleased to pass on your compliments to our staff and the restaurant. Thank you for posting your review, we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Salmon Arm.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Our second stay at this hotel within two weeks. One on the way west and now on the way back east.

Rooms were very nice and we enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant. We had eaten here before on the deck in the summer but had not stayed on-site prior to this round trip. Our "senior rate" was excellent. The waitress this evening was very attentive and helpful and just good "fun". We had the dining room to ourselves on a Sunday night in December.

Hotels that take reservations from sports teams need to put extra attention to making sure the teams behave themselves. Teams that travel need to think twice about the reputation of their sport, their community and their team that they leave behind. It is so unfortunate that teams take upon themselves to trash facilities at the hotels they stay. There needs to be more oversight by the hotel, the team managers and coaches and parents and perhaps by a team "designated driver".

We were so looking forward to some relaxing time in the hot tub after a somewhat stressful drive over the Coquihalla Highway. On the trip west a few days ago we had enjoyed the hot tub and the stars overhead. A hot-tub before dinner would have been perfect and would have set us up for the balance of the trip the next day. It was closed. The team or teams over the weekend had "trashed the facility" according to the desk clerk.

Had the closure been from some unforeseen plumbing or mechanical issues then so be it. But this was willful mis-behaviour. How disappointing but unfortunately not so unusual.

Maybe I don't need a membership in Prestige Loyalty Club. Perhaps hotels that take team reservations will be on the bottom of my loyalty list in the future.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Harbourfront Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was impacted by a team group. We do require all teams to sign a Group Conduct Agreement that outlines our team policies and responsibilities. It is unfortunate that we were unable to correct the damages incurred by group that disregarded their responsibilities before your arrival. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guestroom and your dining experience. We hope that you stay with us again on your next travels and enjoy our property under better circumstances.
VANCOUVER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I joined a bus tour to Banff one week ago. We stayed in this hotel on the latter leg of our journey. At the back of the hotel is a very beautiful lake. Room was clean and reasonably big. Bathroom has a tub and a separate shower on the side. Microwave and the small fridge was there, which was very convienient. All the staff were friendly, especially Ange of the front desk. She recommended some of the nice restaurants around the area. Thanks Ange. Pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Harbourfront Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. To trip to Banff is beautiful and we are glad we were a part of yours. It will be my pleasure to pass along your compliments to Ange and the rest of our team. We hope that when you travel again, you will make us a part of your trip.
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The rooms are spacious, the bed is comfortable, the bathroom's deep tub and separate shower is relaxing.. . . all is good, but not yet a 5. Why? Well, in 2012 one expects to find a blue recycling container in the room.
Also, when brought to the front desk's attention that the tv remote's volume was not working; I was offered a battery which was not convenient as I was heading out to a meeting. I agreed to having the front desk clerk enter my room to change the battery or as she said leave me a new remote. That evening I found the same problem with the old remote and no message from the front desk to explain why the issue had not been corrected.
A simple communiction to me would have alleviated my disappointment.
P.S. The selection of lotions is good but could the packaging be more disctinctive between products?

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a lakeside room with a balcony!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
My apologies that your stay was not up to our usual standards. We are addressing our communication lines both amongst our team members and with our guests so that in the future our guests can enjoy quick solutions to their concerns. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Banff, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Room was comfortable and clean but most importantly the staff was friendly and eager to help. We had fun in the pool and the kids enjoyed the setting of the Canadian lodge room. We'll definetely stop by again on our next trip to the coast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Our team will enjoy welcoming you back on your next trip to the Coast. They are pleased you enjoyed your Designer Suite and had fun in the pool. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Banff, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We visited Salmon Arm this summer and had a great stay. We enjoyed a night in the Canadian Lodge room. There were bunkbeds for our two young boys. This part of the room had a curtain and a seperate TV for them to watch, which they thought was pretty cool. The room also had a jacuzi tub. We were barely in the room and the boys wanted to hop in. We ended up going down and using the pool and the outdoor hot tub too which was clean and nice for a relaxing break. The four of us had a fun walk along the lake seeing Great Blue Herons, kingfishers and even an Osprey. The trail leads across right in front of the hotel. A great place for a family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Harbourfront Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your compliments. It is very reward to hear how our guests enjoy our unique designer suites and the beautiful nature right outside our back door. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another adventure.
Langley City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Of all the hotels I have stayed at, I have never complained or have ever written a complaint, but with the absolute terrible service I had from begining to end, I felt that I had to write review on this hotel. I had called in a month ahead to make my booking personally with the in house reservations/front desk staff. Upon checking in, I was advised our reservation was made for 2014 and not for 2012 even though the group we were with clearly stated that we here for November of 2012. Then upon check in, due to the lack of rooms, I was given a room that was not the room I had requested but a lower room and the hotel was going to charge me the same rate. Not wanting to cause a scene as there were other people waiting patiently to check in, I left without saying anything. Upon getting into this new room, it was still dirty. Cans and bottles littered the room. Towels on the bathroom floor and a half eaten chicken left in the fridge. I was forced to go back to the front desk to advise of what happened and asked to speak to the manager. I was advised that the manager was not on duty, but a message would be passed on for the manager to get a hold of me. I asked why I was being charged the same rate for the 1 bedroom suite I had initiallyrequested in my reservation when clearly I was not going to get the same room. Only at this time did the front desk staff actually change my rate to reflect the room I got. The manager never did contact me or speak to me. Next morning, we went to the restuarant and we waited for over 15 minutes to be seated but the hostess who walked by several times, never acknowledged us or made any attempts to let us know when we will be seated. The restaurant was half full and we were the only two people standing there to be seated. We gave up waiting and walked to Tim Hortons. I advised the front desk again and asked to speak to the manager, but once again, I was advised that the manager was not on duty but the message would be passed on. The front desk was empathetic, but overall not very helpful. The manager never contacted me or a left message for me. We made the best of a bad situation. One of our other rooms had a severe infestation of bugs that the maids were constantly spraying chemicals (even though we had food in that room for kids) and vacuuming up the dead bugs. Upon check out, I was advised by the front desk staff who I spoke to previously, that they reduced my rate by $20 for one night and that should I have ever decide to return that I will be given a complimentary upgrade. I thanked the front desk staff and departed. By far this was the worst stay at any hotel for myself or my family. It was obvious that the manager was not concerned about any of the issues I had brought up and nor concerned to deal with the issues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We truly appreciate guest feedback and apologize for your experience. We do work very hard to have systems in place to avoid all the problems you experienced. We have taken a harder look at them to ensure none of our guests have an experience like yours. I understand that you have had a chance to speak with our General Manager since your departure and hope that your conversation alleviated some of your concerns. I will be sending you a private message to get further insight. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated. We all hope to see you return for another visit.

Been to Prestige Harbourfront Resort? Share your experiences!