“Best motel stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Salmon Arm

Super 8 Salmon Arm
You added Super 8 Salmon Arm to your Saves list
Super 8 Salmon Arm
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2901 10th Avenue NE | Trans-Canada Hwy 1, Salmon Arm, British Columbia V1E 2S3, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Bellevue, Washington
“Best motel stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I must admit, I'm not the motel type, and would initially have stayed at a hotel, but given the matter of over priced rooms or rude customer service at neighboring hotels, I decided to give Super 8 a try. I was amazed at how friendly and accomodating the staff were. They were kind enough to help me find appopriate restaurants and shopping, and overall were such kind hearted people. I was impressed at the cleanliness of the room as well. Beds were comfortable and bathroom very clean. I would most definitely recommend this motel if you're looking for something affordable, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I recently passed through salmon arm on a business trip and needed a place to stay so I looked around a few places. The Holiday Inn had decent rooms but the price was quite a bit more expensive than the Super 8, which was surprisingly clean and had very friendly staff. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and the best part was that I not only had TV but free wireless internet which allowed me to work in my room. Strongly suggest this facility for anyone passing through that is looking for a very clean and friendly place to stay without breaking the bank.

Room Tip: I recently passed through salmon arm on a business trip and needed a place to stay so I looked aroun...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Amar K, General Manager at Super 8 Salmon Arm, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you have enjoyed your visit to the Super 8 in Salmon Arm, B.C. We look forward to welcoming you back to Salmon Arm and hope you will stay with us again.
Thanks
Rocky Mtn House
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The reason for the poor review mainly comes from the desk staff refusing to honor my approved card of choice. Upon opening my wallet the staff saw another card even though both were on door as accepted methods of payment they had their pick and denied me my airmiles points. The hotel was ok but nothing was better than average.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Amar K, Manager at Super 8 Salmon Arm, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
The Super 8 Salmon Arm management and staff want to say thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. This way we can better ourselves in great customer service.
Thank you for staying with us.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed in a lot of Super 8's on a recent vacation. This place is very average, or even
below average. and way overpriced for what you get. Of all the Super 8's we stayed in,
it was the worst. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We have stayed at several Super 8's in the past but this one was least to be desired. One chair in our room, and it was ready to fall apart. My husband sat in the recliner and the arm just about fell off.
The next morning we go to have showers the tub was filthy dirty with dirt in the corner of the tub. The floor was disgusting. Like I said we will never stay there again. For the price it was not worth it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
We are sorry that your experience at the Super 8 Salmon Arm did not meet your expectations. We make it a practice to share all our guest's comments with our staff and management team. It is through comments such as yours we work to help improve guest's experiences.

Prince Rupert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Good place to just sleep and rest for the night. Not many frills, mind you we were not looking for any. Good, clean, slept well.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed 2 nights, and the room was clean, comfortable and quite large. There was only one lounge recliner chair for 2 guests and it was quite old and a bit infirm. Staff were reasonable, but not overly friendly. Overall this is a reasonable place to stay, and Salmon Arm itself was quite pleasant in the summertime - well worth a short investigation.
Complimentary breakfast was, at best, just adequate, and, as really the price is included in the room, the breakfast fare was poor. Two cereals (no high fibre or museli), no yoghurt, muffins cut into quarters, no marmalade, no butter (margarine supplied). Had to ask for hot water for a cup of tea (yes, tea bags were supplied), and I had finished cereal & toast and still no water. On gong to find what had happened the assistant was not particularly pleasant about being chased up.
Super 8 is on the eastern entrance about a kilometer above the town. Down on the flat, on the southern side Jade Buffet is worth a visit for a large variety of Chinese dishes at a reasonable fixed total price. They even had roast beef & pork on our visit.
The local tourist booklet/magazine suggested a visit to the First Nation Reservation for an insite into indigenous culture - don't bother!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Salmon Arm? Share your experiences!