“I was robbed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
victoria b.c.
“I was robbed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

In fairness I've eaten here dozens and dozens of times with great views, service, meals and moments.....but...

After beverages elsewhere we decided to finish our evening at the beacon landing.
I ordered the nacho platter for two for $18....plus taxes.
I got 5 chips!! :(
Each had toppings on them, some beef and sauce. But I ordered a nacho platter for $18....
My laughter outweighed my anger and the comic relief my wife supplied made for excellent tension relief.
Although saddened with my luck, I was happy to have shared this humorous moment with my lovely wife.
Better luck next time I guess.

Lagos, Portugal
“Good Service and awesome view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The service was very good, friendly and the food good. We arrived late off the ferry into Sidney and were very delighted to find a good place to eat where there is such a family environment.
The sun was just starting to say goodnight as it disappeared over the water making it for a spectacular view.
Have been there before and will continue going. Keep up the good work.
The only wish... bring back the calamari the way it was before, the new recipe not that tastey.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, Canada
“A good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

After reading several poor reviews for this Bar and Grill we decided to try it anyway as we were just looking for a light snack and beer. It was a beautiful sunny evening and the view was wonderful over the water. We shared a small meal which was delicious. The staff were friendly and attentive. We will definitely return on our next visit.

Visited July 2014
London, Canada
“A great view and good food on the island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely lunch with friends looking out over the bay. The fish and chips were very tasty and the wine and local craft beer added to a nice outing. Walking out on the pier after lunch was an enjoyable end to the lunch.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Our party of three ate here on Monday, May 12, 2014. The service was very slow, but two of us were finally served about 45 minutes after being seated. The third plate took another ten minutes. I was the only one who had an oyster burger with a half order of fries and a half order of Caesar salad on the side. I finished my meal around 2:30 and caught a 4:00 p.m. flight to Calgary. Mid-flight I began to get violently ill. The Alberta Health Line advised a trip to the hospital emergency room to rule out other causes of illness, which they did. The emergency room staff had no doubt it was food poisoning caused by my lunch (I did not eat breakfast that day). I wrote to the restaurant asking for a refund for my meal but they have refused, stating that I must prove that I got sick from their food before they would consider a refund. If you are looking for a restaurant in Sidney, look elsewhere. Pam Medland

• Visited May 2014