This was a return visit and I brought family with me this time! I just love the location, convenience and airy, contemporary feel of this hotel.
STAFF: Excellent customer service from initial booking, timely follow-up emails to questions and changes, and friendly, efficient check-in and check-out. Thanks Andrew & Emma!
ROOMS: My party had 2 different rooms booked - "executive" and "ocean view". Both rooms were well appointed, clean, very comfortable king beds (2 queens also available), quiet and generously sized. There were also many thoughtful inclusions - some expected, some not - safe, coffee maker, mini-fridge, large flat panel tv, big chair with throw, robes & slippers, spa-quality shampoo, conditioner and body lotions, rain showers and big soft, fluffy towels. The main differences between the two were:
The "Executive" room overlooked a quiet side street, had a walk-in shower (no tub - clearly indicated and noted again verbally at booking).
The "OceanView King" room overlooked the water and park, was larger, had a table & 2 chairs, + small sofa and tub/shower combo with rainhead shower. You were able to open a sliding door to get fresh sea air, but there was no balcony, simply a clear protective barrier/railing so you could enjoy the views.
FACILITIES: include a well-equipped fitness center, The Haven Spa which provides top-notch services at a fair price + a full-service restaurant that is open only for lunch and dinner until 9pm (book ahead and request a window seat) + a coffee shop which offers casual snacks and a basic breakfast (sit down bacon and eggs aren't available).
LOCATION: right at the waterfront and is within easy walking distance of the downtown core. It is also about a 10-15 minute drive ($15 taxi) from the Victoria Intern't Airport and approx. 15 minute drive to the ferries.
CONS: Hard to find. The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5* rating is because the underground parking spaces are very tiny and hard to manouevre around the many posts - especially for seniors and people with large vehicles. Only other thing was the cafe - both times we went, it was short-staffed and overrun with people waiting to be served + tables were all dirty so nowhere to sit. To be fair, it was Easter weekend and it seemed everywhere in town was crazy busy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55-room boutique hotel, spa, oceanfront restaurant & lounge, and cafe, opened in May 2007. Located on the waterfront in the charming seaside town of Sidney, British Columbia on Vancouver Island - just 10 minutes from the Victoria International Airport, BC Ferries to Vancouver, and Washington State Ferries to Anacortes, Washington. 30 minute drive to downtown Victoria. Complimentary use of 24 hour Fitness Centre. 3 Meeting/Function rooms for groups up to 60 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sidney Pier Hotel Sidney
- The Sidney Pier Hotel And Spa