“perfect except...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Cedarwood Inn and Suites

You added The Cedarwood Inn and Suites to your Saves list
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9522 Lochside Drive, Sidney, British Columbia V8L 1N8, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
“perfect except...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at this place tonite
Lovely location , excellent outer lawn and gardens outside patios and chairs In the center of all the cabins and hotel BBQ access
the room was cute and had a old school feel mostly clean except for the black hairs all over the tub also flies in the corners of the window
so disappointing . everything else was nice the front desk lady was friendly and helpful :)
maybe housekeeping should take the time to do a proper job in cleaning a room re train or something ?????

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Edmonds, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We rented the James bay Suite ( I think that is the name) it is facing the street, and has a deck with an amazing view of Mt Baker and the San Juan Islands. it has a bedroom with 2 Queen beds and a Queen sofa bed in the living room. There is a full Kitchen, that is fully equipped. The bathroom is fabulous with a separate shower and a Jetted bath tub.

The unit does NOT have air conditioning, but the windows have screens and there is a ceiling fan in the living room, so it was not an issue. The bedroom was warmer, but again there was a screen on the window and a rotating fan, so it was fine.

The Queen Bed in the living room was very comfortable.

We spent 3 nights here and loved every night. The staff was very kind, the room was very clean, and the jetted tub was a welcome treat after a long day of walking around.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I loved my stay at the CEDARWOOD INN the check-in process went smooth and my room on the second floor was ready. The staff was very polite and helpful. The room was very large and comfortable. I was able to walk to the town center along the waterfront.
My room overlooked the waterfront and I was able to watch the sunrise the day of my check out .
The hotel is within walking distance to the SAN JUAN FERRY.

Room Tip: The hotel only has 2 floors so it was easy to get to the room They don't have an elevator, but I...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Randy Hooker - Winnipeg, MB

Just came back from staying a week at the Cedarwood. Right from the get go our vacation was awesome, thanks in part to Peter at the front desk. Had a very enjoyable discussion with him when I booked the reservation & made us feel quite welcome upon our arrival. The rooms are comfortable and was terrific having a kitchen for making meals etc. The shower pressure was awesome, and looked forward to waking up each day!
On the water and across from a terrific walkway along Lochside park - can't beat this location on the Island!
To finish things off we had a large family reunion and invited immediate family back to the Cedarwood. The centre grass entertaining area was put to use and made for a wonderful day! Several patio sets and ample chairs in a colorful setting, was perfect for hosting an event like ours.
Overall great experience and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the suites.... highly recommended if looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Souris, MB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The staff were very helpful. The rooms could use some renovations. The said it was within walking distance of the town, but you would have to be fit to walk it. Discovered on our last day that there is a bus to get into town and back. It was convenient for the airport

Room Tip: there are no restaurants near by. You either have to take a good 10 minute walk if you are fit, or...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Firrst I want to comment on how accomodating the staff was while we were at Cedarwood. Any additional request we had was dealt with immediately from requesting a microwave to getting my earring out of the sink drain. You don't find that kind of service in the franchise hotels.The location is absolutely gorgeous - looking directly at the water. We were surprised at home convenient it was to the ferry port. This is definitely the Inn I will stay at next visit to Sidney. Thanks again to all of you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
pender island bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I live in the Gulf Islands and have to stay overnight someplace when I fly out of Victoria Airport, tried somewhere else in the past and it was a little sketchy so someone recommended this place and what a great decision. Got to park my car there the week I was gone, taxi arranged to pick me up, and my room was waiting for me when I returned the following week late at night. Really lovely gardens and the room was clean and comfortable. The best part is the really friendly staff, made me feel safe and taken care of during my traveling. Loved the location, spectacular ocean view, beautiful seaside walkway right in front and just a short walk to Sidney downtown, lots of restaurants and shops. My trip began even before I left! Would recommend this place to anyone travelling to and from the airport and would be great as a longer stay too. In fact my husband and I are planning that for sometime in the future! Really lovely spot, great service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Cedarwood Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!