“Great stay-Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beacon Inn at Sidney

You added Beacon Inn at Sidney to your Saves list
Beacon Inn at Sidney
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   9724 Third Street, Sidney, British Columbia V8L 3A2, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Sidney B&B and Inns
Vancouver
“Great stay-Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

As a veteran traveler who's stayed at fine hotels and B&B's around the world, this place now ranks as one of my favorites. From the ideal location as gateway to Victoria, southern Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, to the beautifully appointed inn and friendly staff, I would not hesitate to recommend this delightful inn to anyone visiting the area.

My wife and I arrived for our three night stay, late in the afternoon and from the moment we pulled up to the property we were duely impressed. It was safe, clean, modern and well kept outside, and while checking in we were even offered some excellent sherry! The gorgeous room we requested exceeded our very high standards for quiet luxury, comfort and privacy.

Prior to delicious breakfast every morning, coffee and tea were waiting for us outside our door making getting prepared in the morning even easier.. And if you ever get to experience the Croc Madame for breakfast, you're in for a real treat! This is an authentic French-Canadian dish that my wife and I now make and enjoy at home. The staff were professional, attentive and very helpful, thus ensuring that our stay was everything we hoped it would be. And for the money we paid, we consider it an outstanding value that we'll be hard-pressed to ever find anywhere else.

All in all, this is one of the best experiences we've ever had at any hotel or inn and we can't wait to go back!

• Liked — The accomodations and outstanding staff!
  • Disliked — The brevity or our stay!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Read all the reviews on this B & B and then booked. The property is beautiful and the area is very nice. Service is less then 5 star! The inn keepers/hosts do not live on the premise. It is worked by employees, and it shows. We stayed 2 nights. Did not even get our garbage taken out going into out seond day of the stay. Breakfast was warmed up quiche that was watery with burned, rewarmed in foil ham. Not 5 star B&B quality by far. I would not stay here again as for the money I am sure I could stay in another B&B that the inn keepers are more hands on and take personal pride in the business. For almost $200 a night I would like tea at night that is not the brand from the drug store down the street nor being left with my gargabe for 2 days.

• Liked — It is beautiful and 3 blocks to the ocean
  • Disliked — Run by employees with very little owner input.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
united states
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

Wonderful bed and breakfast. Close to pier, walking distance to everything you could want to see in the peaceful, relaxing town of Sidney.

Great Relaxing room. The only thing was our fire place did not work, but it was August.

Wonderful comfy bed, nice jacuzi tub and shower in bathroom. I love the decorating if this hotel.

Amazing breakfast. Super friendly owners.

I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Liked — Rooms, service A++++
  • Disliked — Only Rooms for 2 people, no room for kido's on this one.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Beacon Inn at Sidney for a weekend getaway, and loved it! We originally wanted to stay in Victoria, but found the prices far to high. The Inn is very comfortable and relaxing. The rooms are luxurious. We stayed in the San Juan room with feather bed, fireplace, jetted tub and ocean glimpses. The included hot breakfast was just wonderful, a great start to the morning of exploring the surrounding areas. There is lots to see in Sidney, and downtown Victoria is only a quick 20 minute drive away. We will definitely be returning to the Beacon Inn.

• Liked — luxurious and relaxing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
New Westminster, BC Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

I'm from New West, BC and my best friend from LA came to stay with me for a week. I planned a trip to the Island and booked at Beacon Inn for one night's stay. To say it was wonderful is an understatement.

I pre-booked three rooms as my Mother came with us. Mom and my friend stayed on the first floor and I stayed on the second floor.

When I first walked in, I immediately got the feeling of "arriving home". There is a living room on the right with a comfy couch, local papers to read and a table and chairs in front of the window for writing letters or reading. A warm fireplace and lots of books to read await anyone wanting a truly relaxing atmosphere. The staff are friendly and willing to do anything for you.

Our rooms were amazing.....nice big comfy beds, our own washrooms with huge soaker tubs, fireplaces and a writing table.

They offer a glass of sherry before heading out for dinner and when we got back, the light on the writing table was on so I could find my way and my bed was turned down....just waiting for me to crawl in.

This was my first experience at a B&B and from now on, I'll always stay there when I'm over on the Island. Thank you Beacon Inn for making my mini-getaway so wonderful and relaxing. Oh yes, did I mention how delicious the breakfast was???

I give you 10 stars* * * * * * * * * * and I will be back.

• Liked — Friendly staff, comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

My husband, myself, and my father-in-law stayed at this B&B in Spetember 2006. We absolutely loved it! Every part of our stay was wonderful, and we would love to return sometime.

First, booking and value:
We booked directly with the inn, and had no problems. In fact, I switched rooms after I had booked, without any trouble. My father-in-law stayed in the Pender Islands room, and my husband and I stayed in the San Juan Island room - both were lovely! We especially liked the jetted tub, and the fireplace was nice for chilly evenings. The price was great as well - we originally wanted to stay in Victoria itself, but found that the room prices were too high - especially as we needed 2 rooms. I was quite happy to find this B&B, and Sidney is not far from Victoria. Not only is it a pretty drive, but Sidney is an adorable, picturesque seaside town. Everyone was quite friendly, although be aware if you are "night owls" that grocery stores and restaurants in the area do close early.

B&B Experience:
The staff are quite friendly; they even gave me a vase to keep, for the flowers we had purchased at the florist around the corner. We loved the coffee and tea placed in the hallway each morning. (There is also coffee and tea available anytime downstairs, but this way, you can have coffee while getting ready in the morning, without going downastairs in your robe!) The breakfasts each morning were indeed gormet, and quite enjoyable, served in their beautiful dining room.

They also have a large book with menus from the various restaurants nearby; they can assist you in making reservations as well. We also chatted a bit with the other guests; everyone was friendly and easy to talk with.

Rooms:
As I said, the rooms are wonderful - no matter which one you choose. They are immaculate, and the beds are plush and delightful to sleep in. They do provide nice robes, and the bath amenities are good quality as well.

Side note: If you like lavender, don't miss the downtown lavender shop - I believe it's called "Saltspring Lavender". Also, do walk down by the pier.

Overall, we would not hesitate to recommend this B&B.

• Liked — Beautiful room, huge jetted tub, fireplace, great price
  • Disliked — We couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2007

We spent a wonderful Saturday evening in Sidney, away from the hustle and bustle of Victoria. The location is great and there's a lot to do in this part of Vancouver Island. The inn was immaculate. We got to check out all of the rooms, since they weren't booked, and ours was the Orcas Island. Very nice bedding, fireplace was perfect, and the bathtub is something that I just covet. Not a jacuzzi, but a good soaking tub. The staff was friendly, very caring, and genuinely happy to see us. We'll be back!

• Liked — Location, amenities
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Beacon Inn at Sidney? Share your experiences!