“VERY GOOD BUT NOT OUTSTANDING” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
North Saanich, Canada
“VERY GOOD BUT NOT OUTSTANDING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Last evening was the second time I have dined at Sea Glass in the last two months, the first time being for lunch and the past evening for dinner. I'll give the quality of the food full marks albeit it a bit pricey in comparison with another waterfront restaurant in Sidney. The restaurant is small and therefore you have the feeling of being a bit crowded and the noise level is quite high likely due to large windows which reflect sound and which surround the dining area but which nonetheless provide a nice view of the adjoing marina. Service was a bit rushed I felt but adequate. My biggest negative is a rather limited but quite pricey wine list with prices ranging from $37 - $40 per bottle for mid-level domestic and imported wine. With entrees, wine, dessert and coffee, a couple can plan on parting with around $100 not including tip. Overall it is a pleasant place to dine and its upside clearly being the excellent preparation and presentation of the main courses. Very good but not outstanding would be our view.

Visited May 2013

Victoria, BC Canada
“Good food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went for dinner with a group of 8 for a birthday celebration. The "birthday boy" had been there for lunch and was so impressed, suggested we go there for dinner. The restaurant opened in Oct 2012 and is a lovely size to host a group, but not so big you lose the intimacy. The restaurant is waterfront in Sidney by the Van Isle Marina, so the view was wonderful. They offer a varied menu, and between all of us, we ordered a variety of appies, main courses and desserts. We all loved what we chose, and found our waiter to be attentive, but not hovering around us. They also had a solo guitarist playing a variety of dinner music which we enjoyed. I have attached pictures of some of our meals as we thought the presentation was beautiful!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sidney, Canada
“Great food! Good view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Sea Glass has great menu for all palates which is reasonably priced and exceptionally tasty! Recently, we enjoyed dinner of the Western Cioppino and BC Salmon. The Cioppino was a mixture of salmon, scallops, mussels, clams and potatoes in a delicious herb tomato broth. The BC Salmon was balanced on a very tasty risotto cake and spinach, fresh baby carrots and topped with fresh greens. The salmon could of been cooked a little less. We thought about the housemade desserts with looked delightful, especially the chocolate hazelnut flourless torte but were too full! That said, an all-round great dinner with good service and nice ambiance. Definitely be back again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sidney, Canada
“Not what I would expect here...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have eaten in this spot several times without issue, reviewed it the first time and now again. Today I was less than impressed, the food has been amazing to date, and that was no exception today. Unfortunately, today the service was not great, with the restaurant only half full we were seated immediately and y daughter and I sat chatting after we had decided on what to order, we chatted for a long time, 10 minutes... no one asked if we would like a drink, no one brought us or even offered water. When we were able to attract the attention of our server (the co-owner) and enquired if there were any gluten free options for a burger bun I was told indignantly no... ok so a burger on lettuce it is. In today's culture, they really have no gluten free options? Well that makes the choice for us to return here soon easy. It is unfortunate, the food here is amazing. As a new bustling restaurant in this town, you can't rest on the laurels of good food, the quality of the service must be equal in quality to that of the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
“Nice surprise after a long day on the water.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Arrived by boat at the Van Isle Marina for the first time. It was later on a Sunday evening and I had not eaten since breakfast so I was anxious for a meal. To my surprise the Sea Glass Waterfront Grill was right at the top of the ramp to the marina.
It was a lovely evening and the restaurant was full when I arrived so I anticipated a wait but I was seated immediately at the bar. I was pleased to find that everything on their menu was gluten free with one exception that they offered to modify for me if I chose that item. Pecan chicken was delicious and vegs were fresh and properly cooked.
Nice atmosphere with guitar player strumming in a corner.
Can't wait to come back when it's warmer and try their deck and watch the sunset over the marina.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere