“Are you wishing for quality fish and chips?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: English
Victoria, Canada
“Are you wishing for quality fish and chips?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you are wishing for fish and chips; go to Salty's in SIdney, B.C.
The food is so delicious. The service is superb.
Anytime, I wish for fish and chips; it's Salty's all the way.

Visited November 2012

“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

It says on their website 'fresh' fish. Well I saw in the back the fish is actually frozen. It is not fresh at all. As well all the food is from the popular (and available at grocery stores) highliners.....not impressed to be paying high prices for something I could buy and deep fry at home. As well the only options for food are deep fried there is no salad option and they are often 'out' of certain things such as lettuce and tomato for the burgers. The waiters are all typically young girls which some I don't believe should be serving alcohol. I even saw the owner slap one girl on the butt as he walked by! I as well observed the waitresses doing dishes and then come out and serve my food. Not my idea of appetizing.

All in all. Don't stop here. Find a better place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“The Best Fish Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Staying in Victoria for our honeymoon and found this quaint little fish & chips spot. Service was excellent! Very friendly an welcoming :)
The Halibutt and chips were the best I think we've ever had...definitely recommend to anyone and we will be returning again next time we are in the area!
Thank you for a wonderful meal and evening :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Horrible service, our waitress looked bothered by our presence. She asked if I would like something to drink, I replied "not right now" which in customer lingo means I might want something in a while, so was appalled when she never returned to our table to ask how our meal was or if we needed or wanted anything else. The coleslaw left a disturbing tin-like after taste, the fries were limp and the fish was rather bland. I observed the other server unloading the the dish rack and watched her handle the drinking glasses by the rim, I am guessing neither of these girls possesed any knowledge of food safe. Adding insult to injury, even after it was obvious that we were done ( our plates pushed to the edge of the table) we continued to sit there waiting for some glimmer of customer service. But alas , it was not ment to be, I had to carry our plates to the counter and ask that she wrap the left overs. The most engaged I saw her was when her friends came by and were waving at her, and seriously, what type of fish and chip shop doesn't even give you a piece of lemon on your plate and if you want tater sauce you have to ask for that. Aren't those considered a staple of the fish and chip meal. I cannot recommend strongly enough to continue walking and take a pass on Salty's. I actually had to go and get Gravol after eating there.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alberta, Canada
“Excellent fish and chips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

As an Englishman I know fish and chips and this is an excellent place to eat. My wife and I both had a lunchtime special of Haddock, prawns and chips and it was excellent. The batter was very light and fluffy, in fact it was better than most I had back in Blighty. The chips were good old fashioned chippy chips too. Definitely eat here if you are a fan of fish and chips. The service was also excellent.

• Visited June 2012