“Perfect for conference” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre

You added Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40330 Tantalus Rd | Garibaldi Heights, Squamish, British Columbia V0N 1T0, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Squamish
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect for conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Every year, I have to organize a conference to host 70 people including: 2 nights, 2 breakfast, 2 important dinners, 2 reception-like breaks.
Sea-to-Sky hotel is the most affordable, flexible place that we could find in Vancouver area. It has been 4 years that I have been organizing the conference at that place, once and sometimes twice a year. Each time I was able to attend the whole conference myself without being worried that something goes wrong as the hotel staff takes care of things.
The ballroom has the perfect size for our group. The food is excellent, the service too.
There are different sizes of guestrooms, which fits perfectly with the nature of our group that includes families, couples, and singles.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I am writing this review at 11:25pm in the hotel lobey when I have to be up at 6:00am the next morning to work. Why?

Because I can't sleep. My room is located above the bar downstairs and my floor is vibrating! I can hear each word in every song. I called the front desk to voice my concern and was told that the hotel is booked-up and there is nothing else they can do.

In the lobby I took it up with the person at the front desk and she was extra-ordinarily rude. When I continued to complain, she told me that no one was forcing me to stay, "no one is holding a gun to your head." Increadible! at 11:30pm she is suggesting that if I don't like my room I should leave. Because I have a choice the noise isn't their problem.

I would never have bothered to write about the fact that the room is old, dated smells bad and overall gives the impression of being run down and dirty, because I can deal with all those things, but not being able to sleep? What other purpose is there to a room!@#??

I am too astonished for words.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

We had a professional conference at the Sea-to-Sky Hotel in November of 2008. The rooms and food were very good and the staff were exceptional. They attended to our every need and were flexible in accommodating us. Overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

We had a retreat at this hotel in September 2008 for a group from our Catholic Church. We had around 70 people and the hotel was able to accommodate us without any difficulty. The food was great, the cost was reasonable, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were so pleased with the service that we had a second retreat there in November for 40 people.

The hotel manager Mohsen Mohajer was very helpful, friendly and he attended to all of our needs.

I would highly recommend this location for retreats and business meetings.

Michael Zarbl

• Liked — The Staff, the service, large rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tomahawk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

This Hotel although located in a fairly nice part of the Squamish community, I have to say that they have definitely not lived up to any of the advertising promises posted on their website.

The first being the spacious "clean" rooms, although spacious definitely far from clean. The food from the Hotel restaurant is absolutely appalling and I definitely advise you take your appetite to the restaurant strip behind the hotel, as opposed to eating that slop at the hotel.

Props to the young women working the front desk who has far too many tasks to be running the show herself. One front desk person for the entirety of the hotel, conference rooms, restaurant, and liquor store , hardly leaves room for fast and efficient customer service.

Last but not least, to the travelers looking for decent accommodation and a hot shower, look beyond this hotel, as it can provide neither (thats right they had no hot water!), enjoy your stay elsewhere.

• Liked — The exit door
  • Disliked — The whole stay
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

We currently stayed in the sea to sky hotel, what a terrible experience. There was no hot water in the entire hotel. You know I'm not too picky and were willing to look past the dirty rooms, filthy carpets and crooked beds however no hot water??? Come on, you should not be open for business if you can't provide the basics! We couldn't use the hot tub, as it was a freezing cold tub. We could not even have showers as there was no hot water to do so... In numerous attempts to reach the general manager we had no success. He never returned any of our messages. They charged us full price for the room even though they acknowledged that there was no hot water... I feel sorry for the hotel's front desk as she clearly had no support from management. Please keep driving, save your money...

• Liked — I didn't like anything about this accommodation
  • Disliked — no hot water
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
gloucestershire uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

Well. We finally got to the hotel at 3.00am. It was the most unjustified $150 for three hours sleep I have ever spent in my entire life.
The room was spacious enough, but felt dirty. The lamps didn't work and you had to suffer their god awful coffee, and equally disgusting coffeemate. They have a fridge, why the hell don't they put creamers in there!!! The hotel was shabby, and trying to play at being a smart pad. What a joke. I was angry from the time I got there to the time my husband,myself, and three tired children left. We actually prefered to stay in the house we had just bought, up the road. No furniture. Nothing, than to stay another night in an over priced dump.
We had breakfast in the 'restuarant' next door. Cold, greasy, slow service. You name it. Our new life off to a fabulous start.
Just give it a miss. When you see it in daylight, you'll want to anyway.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The entire building.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sea to Sky Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!