“Great Price, Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Squamish

You added Hotel Squamish to your Saves list
Hotel Squamish
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37991 Second Ave | Pob 1158, Squamish, British Columbia V8B 0A8, Canada (Formerly Ocean Port Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Squamish
GreenLeadersBronze level
Silverdale, Washington
“Great Price, Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel, located 45 minutes from Whistler, is the best kept secret in the area. We paid only $65 a night compared to over $200 a night at Whistler. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Don't come looking for luxury though. The room is very basic but meets all the requirements for a relaxing night off the slopes. Highly recommended it to all!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the lounge if you need a quiet place to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Owner at Hotel Squamish, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
It's true. Our rates are lower than Whistler prices and, as Squamish isn't far from Whistler, it's definitely worth checking out. We're happy to hear that you found the Hotel Squamish to be a clean and comfortable place to return to after your day skiing in Whistler. We look forward to hosting you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I choice Hotel Squamish because I was visiting Whistler but prices there were very high. So I drove every morning from Squamish to Whistler and this was no problem as the drive is on one long straight road and takes about 50 minutes.

Hotel staff were very friendly, and attentive. It was clear that they genuinely cared about the guests.

Plus, free laundry facilities was a big plus for a traveller like me.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had the single room, which was big enough, clean and modern.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Scott M, Owner and Operator at Hotel Squamish, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
You're right--free laundry is a lovely thing for a weary traveler and staying in Squamish is a great alternative to paying a higher price in Whistler. Thank you for your review, as well as your comments on our affordability and the genuine care of our staff.
We look forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband, our 2 small children and myself have had the pleasure of staying here, on and off for the past few months while we are under going renovations in our home, and could not imagine staying anywhere else. Scott and his wife Leslie have gone above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. We had to spend Christmas in the Hotel and with small children, that can be a very difficult task... Scott and his wife emptied a room, decorated it, tree and all so our family had a special place for a special morning :)

The room that we are in just so happens to be huge in comparison to the size of the hotel. When you walk in, you enter a living room that is fully furnished with a couch, tv, fridge, kitchen table and microwave, coffee maker and the best coffee I have ever enjoyed :)

It has a full bathroom and a bedroom with a door that closes that has 2 queen size beds and a gorgeous 51 inch on the wall.

The service here is immaculate and makes you feel at home. I can honestly say, that I cannot think of one time that I have not seen a smile anyone's face who works here! They are amazing women; super friendly.

There is a bar underneath and I would like to add that some people have been bothered by it, but my 2 and 3 year old have never been woken up due to the music, bass or people and my husband and I have fabulous sleeps every night :)

If you are looking for a place that is clean, cares about their customers, great location and great prices, then Hotel Squamish is for you.

I recommend this home away from home to all. You will never meet 2 people more dedicated to their customers and their business.

Much love from my family to yours, Scott and Leslie

Xoxox

• Stayed December 2013
Fort St. John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I booked the room for the price. As we were going to Whistler and the prices there are outrageous.
It is located down town Squamish. If you have a GPS you will find it no problem at all .
We were going to be arriving late . So I phoned ahead to confirm that we were still able to check in. He was going to arrange to have our info put in a lock box outside the door. But we made it in time. The owner greeted us and made us feel very Welcome. Answered all of our questions and gave us some tips and advice and some coupons to some local attractions.
After our check in we went up stairs to our room. The room was exactly as pictured on the site. VERY clean and cozy. The shower head had incredible pressure......my husband hated it lol. I loved it. but prepare for the water to get on the floor. With such a small tub the pressure is a little much and the shower curtain does not want to stay put :). The bed was a bit "Springy" .
But for such a great price and wonderful service and accommodations i would not hesitate to STAY AGAIN !

Room Tip: Just call ahead and ask for what you need.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We're happy to have met your expectations of cleanliness and comfort--it's very important to us. And, yes, thanks for letting potential guests know that we will do our best to accommodate any special requests. Don't hesitate to stay again--we would be more than happy to host you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Twice now I have hosted some clients from Vancouver Island at Hotel Squamish.

They raved about the simplicity and cleanliness of the rooms and the central downtown location.

I will continue to host them at Hotel Squamish and recommend to others looking for a great valuable stay in Squamish!!

• Stayed December 2013
Thanks for bringing your clients to Hotel Squamish. We are delighted to hear that they appreciated the simplicity and cleanliness of our rooms, as well as our central downtown location. We look forward to hosting you and your guests next time you come to Squamish--for business or pleasure.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here last Saturday night. The room was very clean, the service was outstanding, and it was quiet. The bed was comfortable, the room was cozy, and I had a restful sleep. Also, I liked that it was right in downtown Squamish, close to everything and very easy to find. Free guest parking was available and on-site. I would definitely stay there again, and recommend Hotel Squamish to others!

Room Tip: Room at the rear of the hotel was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are happy you found your stay to be quiet and comfortable. Thank you kindly for your comment about our outstanding service and cleanliness. We appreciate your willingness to recommend the hotel to your friends and we look forward to hosting you next time you visit Squamish.
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and i stayed for two nights at the start of November. It was perfect. We travel to Squamish frequently as we enjoy the area.
I will definately stay here on our next stop if rooms are available!
I loved how in the hallway upstairs they had an area with books and DVD's you could read or watch while staying there, a very nice little personal touch.
The laundry room was awesome too!
Its basic but very clean and comfortable. the room was very nicely decorated too. I felt very much at home and very comfortable during my stay.
cant wait to stay there again :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for commenting on all of the hotel's personal touches. Comfort and cleanliness are our standards, but it's nice to hear that you appreciate all the little things we do to make our guests feel more at home. Stop by and see us any time you're in Squamish--we would love to host you again!

Been to Hotel Squamish? Share your experiences!