“NOT SO MUCH...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chieftain Hotel

Chieftain Hotel
You added Chieftain Hotel to your Saves list
Chieftain Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   38005 Cleveland Ave, Squamish, British Columbia VON 3G0, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Squamish B&B and Inns
New Brunswick
“NOT SO MUCH...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

The front desk staff (one man) asked if" he could help me with something" when I showed up...as if people just randomly stop by the desk for other reasons then the obvious one! To check in!
Room: Sketchy! We are just passing through from Whistler to Victoria, we would advise just going all the way to Victoria! You can tell they tried to "re-do" the room, but the velvet comforter really threw us! It is SO HOT in the room, no AC or fans either, just a window without screens on it!
Location: Creepy...20 mins after arriving, we witnessed a fight right outside the window! There is a bar on every corner here and 2 in the actual hotel building. We were concerned about our ski gear in our vehicle.
You know its bad that we have logged on to write this review while actually staying in the room!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Cranbrook, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

I had to stay at the Chieftain for one night with my 15 year old son, when everything else in Squamish was booked up. I was a little apprehensive, since this is an older, downtown hotel with a rowdy bar on the premises. When I booked on-line I specifically requested a room away from the bar to reduce noise, but when I checked in I was advised that the rooms over the bar were quieter than the ones over the night club (the only two choices, apparently)! Anyways, our room was right over the bar, and it was very noisy, but at least the bar closed at 12:00.

Our room had been recently renovated, and was clean, neat, and functional. One or two of the towels were a little stained, much to the horror of the 15 year old. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

This end of Squamish's small downtown doesn't have much to recommend it. In fact, I was a bit worried about leaving my car parked outside overnight, but was relieved to fit it untouched next morning. Unless you have a good reason for wanting to stay downtown, or are travelling on a budget, there are probably better options elsewhere in the Squamish area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Chieftain Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Chieftain Hotel

Address: 38005 Cleveland Ave, Squamish, British Columbia VON 3G0, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Squamish
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 11 B&Bs / Inns in Squamish
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Chieftain Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chieftain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Chieftain Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.