“Good food and lots of it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 68 restaurants in Squamish
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Squamish
“Good food and lots of it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is your basic good food restaurant. Since their expansion a year or so ago, they continue to stay busy. A decent menu selection, fair prices, and a service focused staff.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Squamish, Canada
“Best restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I live in Squamish and go Chef Big D's all the time. It has the best food, large portions and the friendliest waitresses. It is clean and prices that seniors can afford. The owners are the best.
You can have breakfast at any time of the day. The best part of all is that everything is fresh with no canned vegies or boxed potatoes.
Try them when in Squamish you will love the food and the large portions.

• Visited January 2014
Ashcroft, Canada
“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went to Squamish for a couples mini getaway with friends for New years. We had no idea what to expect in this little town. We stayed at the Howe Sound brewery and loved it, it was one of the staff that encouraged us to try Chef Big D's for breaky and it was well worth it. All and all the venue was clean and welcoming. I still can't believe the portions, they're huge and well priced. Our sever was great, she was friendly had a good sense of humor. We will be back on our next visit for sure!

• Visited December 2013
Larkspur, Colorado
“Crab Cake Benedict with Crispy Potatoes WOW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I wanted to eat a late breakfast and sit outside to enjoy the structures, mountains and shops in the quaint town of Squamish, BC. I did not have high expectations, just a bite to eat. I was amazed how tasty and fresh my Crab Cake Benedict was. With the fresh fruit and uniquely flavored crispy thick potatoes, I had a super meal and the crispy bacon hit the spot as well. Nice staff with great food is always a treat. Great stopping point between Whistler and Vancouver, BC along the Sea to Sky Highway.

• Visited September 2013
Squamish, Canada
“Best Hamburger Anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well we are "locals" and have Chef Big D's as a regular stop on our dining out itinerary for breakfasts and lunches. We won't rave about Chef Big D or his co-owner wife or that this is an independently and family run business...and we won't say that there isn't anything on the menu that isn't wonderful, reasonably priced or a substantial value for the dollar. Did we say that everythiing on the menu is fresh and wonderful?

It just so happens that three days ago, we went in for our usual nosh and I ordered something I've never ordered before. Not being a huge fan of ground beef, I'd never tried the beef hamburger. I ordered it with the following "toppings": mushrooms, cheddar cheese and an egg (sunny-side up)...Skip forward to day two and oh yes...today which was day three for eating the Chef Big D's Burger.

It was wonderful and Chef Big D gets three thumbs up for three perfect burgers on three consecutive days!

When I asked about the seasonings I heard about "Chef Big D's spices" and so far I think I've correctly guessed cumin, rosemary and sage. And perhaps they'll start selling Big D's spices.

But until they do, I'm afraid I'm now hooked on hamburger courtesy of Chef Big D!

Thanks Big D!!!