“Shocked at Hotel's Manager behaviour” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Executive Suites Hotel & Resort

You added Executive Suites Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Executive Suites Hotel & Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40900 Tantalus Road | Garibaldi Highlands, Squamish, British Columbia V8B 0R3, Canada (Formerly Executive Suites Garibaldi Springs Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Squamish
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kitimat, Canada
“Shocked at Hotel's Manager behaviour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I had planned to stay at this hotel on October 19 for 8 nights. We had negotiated a great rate-slow season. When we arrived to check in, the front desk clerk started to take my credit card for an imprint(which I thought) and she inputted an $1100 charge, in advance for the length of my stay. I was shocked-especially when our bill would be around $800 for 8 days! I told her to stop and asked for the manager to come explain these charges. He came out a few minutes later and tried to explain this was standard to charge for damage deposit and the the length of our stay. We started to explain to him that we never informed that this would happen, we were planning to pay at the end of our stay. Well, he offered us to pay on a daily basis-but not at the preferred rate we had agreed upon. This was a total shock and my wife and I tried to ask questions to the manager on why this is. He wouldn't let us ask questions without interrupting and then he said we would be responsible for a cancellation fee. We tried to explain to him that we were not informed and we are not going to pay a cancellation fee. He then took our reservation paper and ripped it up in front of us and yelled " you are not staying here, just leave". Shocked, we left, totally flabergasted. I cannot believe-when customers are key to having and keeping a business-this guy was totally unprofessional and rude.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Sometimes as a manager you have to make tough decisions and there are always two sides to every story. In this instance this potential guest did not want to pay for their room, taxes and incidentals at check in. Saying “she has never heard of a hotel taking payment at check in.” Her husband explained that all the other hotels on their trip took credit off his card and he did not have enough on it. My guest services agent was being verbally assaulted by his wife when she tried to gain payment from a credit card and tried to explain the hotel policy of securing payment on the account prior to check in. The guest service agent was simply trying to explain hotel credit procedures. The potential guest did not want to hear her explanations and asked to speak to the manager. I was happy to arrive at the front desk to assist in the process. She had then stormed away from the desk and went outside. I tried to first deal with her husband on the issue and offered the following; to simply take room and tax on his credit card, to take payment on debit card, or even take a cash payment. I also suggested that we could even take payment day by day until he got his credit card issue dealt with. At this point his wife came back to the desk and started raising her voice in the lobby and saying I have never heard of a hotel taking credit on the card at check in. I understand her frustrations about not having money to pay for the room, taxes and incidentals offering again to take payment day by day for their 7 day reservation. As well reiterated that they could pay cash or debit, giving them time to sort out there credit card issues and letting them check in. She refused this as well, got even more upset and said that she is cancelling the “$%#&” reservation. With the hotel being full we do have a 48 hour cancellation policy which I explained to her. At this point I said I will certainly cancel your reservation without penalty and we won’t be billing them a cancellation charge. She again verbally attacked me. At this point she became no longer a guest but a security risk; I ripped up her reservation and asked her to leave. I had to make a decision that is sometimes tough between the customer is always right or is she trying to scam the hotel? Or do I want someone in the hotel that acts in this manner in verbally assaulting staff? I can honestly say that we did everything possible to make this potential guest happy, and that she was one of the most difficult individuals I have ever dealt with in my 30 plus years in hospitality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great location. Our room was very comfortable. The dining room provided great service and very good and affordable food. An added bonus was the rafting company located right in the hotel. We had a superb day rafting down the river.

• Stayed August 2013
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Joy J

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about the Resort. We are so happy you enjoyed the room accommodation, rafting and Living Room restaurant. We hope to welcome you back really soon.

Again thanks for letting everyone know we are fabulous!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were recently on a ten day trip in Western Canada. We spent our time in places along the Vancouver-Whistler strip. Stay in Squamish and this hotel was definitely one our highlights. the hotel is situated in ideal surroundings for our taste. Quiet, modern place with amazing views and a very friendly staff. The rooms are nice, balconies are great place to relax, and bedding was comfortable. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was good and again came with breathtaking views. Tip -book the place through hotel's website, pay a little extra and get a room with mountain view. It's away from the road, very quiet and you will have heavenly time. The hotel also let us use their bikes for free and I enjoyed a nice ride in the small town of Squamish. My four year daughter still talks about this place as one of her highlights too.

Room Tip: Definitely book Mountain View room via hotels website,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your experience at the Resort and we are truly happy you enjoyed your stay and all the beautiful surroundings. I would also like to thank you for ranking us so high in your customer responses. We don't always get things perfect but we do try our very best.

Kind Regards,

Jared Sissons, General Manager.
Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This used to be a nice place to stay while we are in Squamish but has lost its edge. The rooms are not getting cleaned properly and ours was disgustingly dirty, the rooms numbers had been removed from the hallway so they just used a pen to write it on the wall we had to walk past a few times to find our room, unsafe in case of an emergency. We had to leave the hotel for our meals during our 3 day stay even for Sunday breakfast because the resturant was closed, they rented it out , unacceptable. Last time in Squamish we stayed at the Sea To Sky Hotel and it was
great value, lots of resturants and things to do with-in walking distance. Oh and small beds that
make for an uncomfortable sleep when used to a king.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for your response and I do apologize that the Room Sign door number was missing.. "ROOM 420" .. This sign seems to be a regular problem with guests stealing it as it has some other meaning and we are constantly replacing it.. I am sorry that it was missing though out your stay as we have ordered a new one. I do want to comment on your response about the restaurant. Living Room is one of the most popular restaurants in the City of Squamish and sometimes it does get booked out for special occasions such as family parties, weddings or other special events. This is a normal standard business practice of any successful restaurant to be a place for people to gather to celebrate. On this particular occasion the restaurant was hosting a celebration of life ceremony for a well respected member of our community. We are sorry if this caused you not to be able to have lunch however we had posted this information in the hotel prior to the event.

Thank you for your comment.

Regards,

Jared Sissons,
General Manager.
Trail, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very nice room but the restaurant was closed for a private event and the noise from it went on all through the night. It would have been nice if the wedding party and guests could have been all in one area so they didn't disturb everyone else in the hotel. The remote control was missing from our room and the front desk seemed unable to provide another. Internet was also down while we were there. Our entertainment options were limited with no tv, no restaurant and no internet and then our sleep interrupted several time through the night by loud wedding guests in the hall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in righting this review, I would like to thank you for being honest with the Resort about your last stay with us. It seems that you had a "Couple of Glitches" though out your stay and I wanted to certainly apologize to you that your stay was not perfect. We did have a very large wedding party in the hotel and they indeed booked out the Restaurant for there Wedding reception. The majority of guests staying with us that weekend were attending the wedding, thus it was a bit noisy in the hotel. We do have our standard hours of operation in Food and Beverage Outlets of 1 am for final liquor pick up and shut down of operations which I believe were adhered to, however this might be late for some guests. Its sometimes is very difficult to keep all guests happy on occasions like this as some our here to celebrate and some are here to relax ... I will bring this up with the Restaurant Management team to watch the volume of noise coming from the restaurant on a Saturday night.

I would as well like to apologize for the missing remote in your room. I would certainly like to make this up to you, and welcome you to give me a call personally to discuss your last stay with us. I promise your next visit will be perfect! 604-815-4900

Jared Sissons,
General Manager.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I are leaving in the A.M. After a lovely 3 day stay here. Our room features a full, modern kitchen, dining table, sofa and arm chair, en suite washer-dryer, all the basic kitchen implements, a separate bedroom, terrace with table and chairs, modern bathroom, and electric fireplace- and all for $137 per night. Quiet, clean, lobby restaurant, heated indoor-outdoor pool, hot tub, ample parking- a lovely place for an extended stay and (from the looks of their competition) the ONLY place we would stay when we return. Top-of-the-line!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing East (over-looking the golf course) as this direction eliminates any noise fro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jared S, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comment on the Resort and we are so happy that you and your wife had a wonderful time.. Its nice to know we are "TOP of the LINE"

Regards,

The Executive Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the first week in September. It was a wonderful experience & the staff could not have been nicer. The room was large with a small kitchen. We spent most of our time outdoors. The hotel has complimentary bikes and we rode around the entire town of Squamish probably around 20 miles total over 2 days. There is also hiking up the mountain. On the bank of the river we saw thousands of salmon making their way up the river (exciting for a couple from Texas!)The area is known for river rafting but we ran out of time.... We will be back here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you and your husband had a wonderful time at the Hotel. It is nice to know that guests really appreciate our complimentary bike rentals. Hope to see you again soon.

Your friends at the Executive Suites.

Been to Executive Suites Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!