“Good Pub Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Back Eddy Pub

Back Eddy Pub
4332 Lakelse Ave, Terrace, Kitimat-Stikine District, British Columbia V8G 1N8, Canada
250.635.5336
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 53 Restaurants in Terrace
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Vancouver, BC
“Good Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The title says it all. Tasty pub food with reasonable prices. Service could be a bit better but, she may have been new. I would go back during my next trip.

Visited February 2013

Terrace BC
“Owners a Drunk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

On the night of October 23, 2012 My girlfriend and I pulled over to look at the moon and have a talk. I had been drinking and my girlfriend was driving me home in my truck. We were parked on the side of the road on Lakelse ave kitty-corner to the Back Eddy with the right turn signal on indicating we were pulled over and not going anywhere. We then saw the owner of the Back Eddy Stumble into his smokey orange GMC pick-up and turn it on. This was at 2:30am. He then drove his truck towards where we were parked (on lakelse ave) and put his right turn signal on. I turned away from him for a moment then i hear his horn. I rolled down my window and indicated by waving to him through that we weren't moving so I flagged him through with my hand. The owner of the back eddy pub then got out of his truck and shouted at me and he said, "you're a f**king idiot, you're blocking f***king the drive!" I got out of my truck to find out what was going on. The owner couldn't even operate a simple thing as rolling his power window down to talk with me. His was a disgrace of a man shouting off about how we blocked him in or something of that matter. A cop then drove by and I wanted to flag him over but he and the cop were gone. As he sped off he again fingered us and drove off towards the elephants ear. Just then he hit a red light just at Emerson and Lakelse Ave. My girlfriend got out of the truck to talk with him because she and I were emotionally upset about the events that took place. He again was so drunk he couldn't even open his window. He was extremely sexist with my girlfriend further upsetting me. I'm a peaceful person and don't enjoy moments like these... In conclusion I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!
I used to love the Back Eddy and have been a regular customer for years. I am a life time Terrace resident and I have never been treated more poorly or disrespectfully my entire life. Also my friends play in a band and frequent this spot. We're changing spots. To top it all off the food was terrible .
This place has gone so far downhill its an embarrassment to this town. New comers to Terrace stay away. Sadly the best place to eat is THE CASINO (Chances). Which is located only a block away from the Back Eddy and is impossible to miss. First left on Legion Ave. You wont be disappointed with their large menu and beer on tap.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Terrace, Canada
“Love coming here for drinks and dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love coming here for drinks with friends and some really great stomach filling dinner. The food here is great!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Terrace
“Great Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Nice place to stop for a light meal and drink. Great food. Always has a special on.... 2 for one steak sandwich etc. Busy place

Visited March 2012
Kitimat
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Didnt dislike anything,place was great,great food,not loud

Visited February 2012