“Value for Money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Mountain Lodge & Suites

You added Premier Mountain Lodge & Suites to your Saves list
Premier Mountain Lodge & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1495-6th Avenue on Karas Drive, Valemount, British Columbia V0E 2Z0, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Valemount
Carstairs AB
“Value for Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here on our trip to Prince Rupert in June 2013. There is nothing outstanding about this hotel as it is more of a two story motel. But at the same time it was comfortable and had in room air conditioning. We left the air conditioning on low all night and heard no highway traffic noises. The staff was courteous. The courtyard had lawn chairs and a fire pit. This area was very inviting. Also they are pet friendly for a fee. The rooms are aged but not unacceptable.

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor room and found it to be quiet even though it is along the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PremierMountainLodge, Front Office Manager at Premier Mountain Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank-you Helen for your review of Premier Mountain Lodge. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here long term for about three weeks while the construction company I work for was chipsealing in town. The owner was very accommodating, anything we asked for was provided for us. The rooms were in need of renovations, but overall my experience here was exceptional and the price was fabulous. The rooms were kept very clean on a daily basis and the comunal courtyard with firepit was a highlight of our stay. Not to mention the owner provided the firewood! The BBQ's onsite for guest use was a very nice addition. The owner was extremely friendly and even invited myself and other coworkers of mine into his onsite restaurant for drinks on the house almost nightly. The food at the restaurant was absolutely fantastic everytime! He even offered us daily meal tickets for breakfasts in the mornings. I would stay here again, and I would reccomend this accomodation to anyone. Thank you Premier, I look forward to staying with you again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank-you for your review of Premier Mountain Lodge. We are working on upgrades for the rooms.
We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for just a quick sleep on a bike trip, after seeing some reveiws on tripadvisor of some unhappy customers I was a little nervous but figured all I want is a bed and a shower would be a bonus, it is an older place, it looked like some people actually lived their, they had BBQ s set up and all, but I got what I went for a actually quite comfy bed and a hot shower, could hear a few of the overnight truckers throughout the night but not to bad. Price was right.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hello Blaine. Thank-you for your review of Premier Mountain Lodge. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

As one reviewer said, it is a hidden gem and I also love the idea that you can park right outside your door. The manager is very friendly and helpful and we had a nice little visit with him in the restaurant. It is also licensed which is nice if you enjoy a drink. The food is excellent, I had New York steak and my husband had a bacon cheeseburger and both were very tasty and large portions. Our waitress was very friendly and there was no long wait for our meal. We were presented with a 15% coupon discount, one for supper and one for breakfast. The prices are very reasonable already so with the discount coupons we ate very cheaply and as I said, the food is excellent. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the rates are "VERY" reasonable. We are both smokers so it was also nice that we could get a smoking room. This will be our place of choice when we travel through Valemount and it is just oiff the hi-way and easy to get to.

Room Tip: We did not use room service or children's activities, so I can not comment on them.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PremierMountainLodge, Front Office Manager at Premier Mountain Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sheila1111_13,

Thank you for your honest and kind review regarding our hotel, Premier Mountain Lodge & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and will come back again when travelling through. I do agree the food is very good at the restaurant with large portions. We have just began the 15% off coupons, which is nice considering some hotels with restaurants attached do not offer anything. We also recently lowered our hotel rates to better accomidate our guests. Thank you again and look forward to another visit from you and your husband.

Ardrossan, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was my 4th stay in the past 5 years while travelling from Alberta to BC. I love motels where you can drive up to the door. The 2nd floor has larger, fancier rooms but I'm usually just overnighting and I appreciate that the motel has a couple of rooms set aside for smokers (which I am). This is a great place to stay, lots of parking for snowmobilers. Owner Karim Merali was very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. We enjoyed a fantastic 5 star meal prepared by Chef Rakesh. If I was travelling through I would plan to overnight at this motel just to be able to enjoy one of their 5 star meals. Rates are very reasonable for both motel and restaurant - discount coupons provided for the restaurant. If I lived within 90 minutes either way of Valemount I would go to the "Sarak" restaurant for all special occasions! This would equal any 5 star restaurant in Jasper. Room service is also available. As a female travelling alone or with other women this lodge and restaurant are both very safe and secure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PremierMountainLodge, Front Office Manager at Premier Mountain Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Marie M,

Thank you for your honest and kind review regarding our hotel, Premier Mountain Lodge and Suites. Yes we do still have a few rooms for smokers as we try to accomidate everyone. I am happy to hear that the owner and chef took great care of you. We have lowered our prices to better accomidate travellers and have also added in a 15% off coupon towards our restaurant. We welcome you back as always and thank you for choosing us as your frequent stay.

Edson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I and a few friends stayed at the premier mountain lodge and suites, for a weekend of sledding, this hotel is very clean, we had great rates. We were also giving coupons for the resturant, 15% off breakfast and supper, Which was cooked by a 5star chef the food was absoultly amazing!! The staff is unbelievable how they bend over backwards for you. i have never giving a hotel a review on trip adviser but i thought everyone should know about how wonderful this place is. i will make sure i stay there again, Thank you Ali and to all your staff for such a wonderful time. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks you
Lance and Anwen

Room Tip: Anyone travelling with a sled trailer watch where you park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lance and Anwen,

Thank you for your kind review regarding our hotel, Premier Mountain Lodge and Suites. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and restaurant. We always welcome everyone back and our staff strive to keep every guest happy. You are most very welcome and was a joy accomidating you and your friends.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This place gets a lot of negative reviews, but I think you need to take it for what it is: yes, the rooms are dated and the place needs a facelift, but they're also clean and well-maintained. The rates are SUPER cheap, at least in the shoulder season, and the service was great. If you just need a place to crash on your way through town and you don't need bells and whistles, this is it.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear CortesBoy,

Thank you for you honest and kind review regarding our hotel, Premier Mountain Lodge and Suites. Our housekeepers strive to keep the rooms clean and we have lowered our prices to accomidate everyone. Yes for a one night stop over for a low price, this is the place to stay.

Premier Mountain Lodge

Been to Premier Mountain Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!