“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Valemount

You added Super 8 Valemount to your Saves list
Super 8 Valemount
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1465 5th Avenue, Valemount, British Columbia V0E 2Z0, Canada   |
Special Rate
Special Sledder's Rate
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Valemount
Richmond
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We arrived after 10 hours on the road during a move back to BC.
There were 6 of us travelling, 4 adults and 2 kids.
It was obvious that when we arrived, the hotel was completely full and the front desk guy was swamped, but he got us in quickly
We had a great room, a loft with 3 queens and a single bed. Never seen a room like that before, but it was great for us. No air conditioning, but the night was cool, so didnt need it
Breakfast was minimal but did the job. Only disappoinment was missing out on the waffles that most Super 8 hotels offer.
I would recommend for a quick 1 or 2 night stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grande Prairie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Spent a long night in an non airconditioned room at 30 degrees celcius with 4 kids. Room and hotel lobby were nice. Breakfast was minimal. We went for breakfast after a tour group and nothing had been replenished. Would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: make sure you enquire if your room has air conditioning if travelling in the summer
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Yes, the great service seems to be mentioned in numerous reviews, and I concur, it is always great. I'm not talking about saccharine smiles or facetious attitude, but a genuine laid-back caring attitude. I have stayed at this hotel probably close to ten times this year, and similar number of times the last, and never had a problem that wasn't fully resolved right there and then! Like any hotel, there are rooms and there are 'rooms'. Not everybody's tolerance to various issues is the same, so not every room will suite everyone. On the few occasions when a room was less than satisfactory, I was given a replacement without any fuss and with careful consideration that the 'new' room didn't have the same or similar problem. On one occasion, the entire hotel was booked out and they couldn't put me elsewhere (the room I had was suffering from some serious vibrations of the walls and floor from a water pump located on the floor beneath). So they put me up in the manager's residence on the top floor, which is a three bedroom fully furnished apartment with a full size kitchen. I love the staff there. Besides that, there is ample parking behind the hotel, it is also far enough from the Hwy, which is noisy 24/7, and the wall mounted air-conditioner is more than efficient to keep the temp down on hot summer days.
The internet is there, but, as someone else observed, can be a bit sketchy. It is not so the strength of the signal, but too many users using up the band-with. It can be frustrating, but it often happens to me in hotels costing five times as much, so I don't sweat over it.
Phone signal in Valemount - that's another story. Practically non-existent, but I think Rogers or Telus does have coverage. But I wouldn't switch my provider based on their coverage of Valemount. The worst that can happen, if you're traveling from Jasper (last place with phone coverage coming from East), is that your phone won't automatically adjust to BC time (one hour behind Mountain time), and that you'll get up one hour earlier. Don't laugh; I've done it.
The breakfast is basic but sufficient, and the free coffee in the lobby is a nice touch.
Thanks everybody for looking after me every time :)

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter, don't stay above the water-pump (plant room?) if airplane noise gets on yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I traveled through to BC on a photo shoot in June and stayed overnight on my way out and upon my return. On the way out the Wifi was not working. the signal was too weak, and my room was right next to the desk. Being that close to the desk I was woken very early, by the first people up for the breakfast that they provide (next to my room)!! On the way back , one of the boilers went, so their was not enough hot water to shower with in the morning. The desk clerk was reluctant to discount the price of the room to compensate ,,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Front desk staff very nice. Prices are great and rooms very clean. Beds are the best we have had in a hotel for a long time so we caught up on some well needed rest. Breakfast was average and TV reception is not very good.

Room Tip: Room towards the rear are quiet. Try and get the rooms away from the parking lot. (Even number room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here on 28 May during our road trip around British Columbia. The room gave basic motel provision with a rather noisy fridge. Why don't North American motels provide real glasses to drink from rather than plastic cups? The price was fairly cheap and we got good value. The front desk service was very good. You get what you pay for here and we would go again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Langley, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay on our way through town and found the Super 8 on our smart phone. We stopped in to see what the rates were and were pleasantly surprised when the lady at the desk gave us the AAA discount. That was sweet of her to do that for us. The place was very clean, comfortable, and the staff was very accommodating. I would stay here again ... even if we had to pay full price!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Valemount? Share your experiences!