“AMAZING FOOD!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lobster Pound And Moore

The Lobster Pound And Moore
161 Queen street, North Sydney, Nova Scotia B1S 2Y9, Canada (Formerly The Lobster Pound Restaurant)
+1 902-794-2992
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in North Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Food made with love for those who love food.
Toronto, Canada
“AMAZING FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The food at the Lobster Pound is delicious! I read about this on Trip Advisor and decided to stop in here to eat. It was so good. I had the chicken pot pie and it was amazing. The mac and cheese were also a winner at our table.
The owner/chef came over to our table after we had mentioned to our waitress that we had come upon the lobster pound from trip advisor. He offered us a free dessert to share! We ended up with a baked apple dessert which was amazing as well.

Highly recommend the drive to North Syndey for this place!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Canada
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good food and very pleasant staff. We were headed to another restaurant and the highway was closed due to an accident. We headed back towards Sydney and decided to stop in. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly.

Toronto, Canada
“What a great spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I went to this restaurant upon reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Although we were initially concerned due to being placed at a somewhat uncomfortable and wobbly table, after requesting a table-change, it was accommodated within fair time, which we greatly greatly appreciated. We are foodies and of course ordered quite a bit of food to sample items, and we enjoyed everything. The Caesar salad was wonderful, as were the crab cakes. I ordered the smoked salmon dish and my husband ordered the lobster. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals; however I think the most enjoyable part of our meal was when the chef came over to our table and chatted for a bit, and then discovering that we were on our honeymoon, he offered us the chocolate lava cake dessert on the house. It's truly the small things like this that count, especially when celebrating such a momentous time in our lives. We would definitely recommend this restaurant - it's a good idea to make reservations as the restaurant is fairly intimate in size. Hoping we will get the chance to return if we can make it back to Cape Breton!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nova Scotia
“Great food and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Along with family members, I visited the Lobster Pound with a cousin from England. The food was fantastic and the owners went out of their way to "bring in" food just for my cousin. I will definitely visit this excelleny restaurant every time I go to North Sydney

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Canada
“Wonderful lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had read of this restaurant and heard about it on the radio. The mussels were as good as we'd been told and the lobster wontons were excellent. The food compares favourably with anything we've eaten in any city. To my mind, the best food on Cape Breton!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere