“Really not good.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of truro heights iriving big stop

truro heights iriving big stop
80 mcclures road truro heights, Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Petitcodiac, New Brunswick
“Really not good.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

A snowy December evening, on our way back to New Brunswick, stop in at the Big Stop for a late supper. Only folks at 7 tables and we waited almost 10 minutes to be seated. Why couldn't I have chosen one of the many empty tables? The waitress wasn't very friendly and we waited another 10 minutes to order! We placed our order and she came back to say they were out of the mandarin oranges for my salad so could I make another choice. My soup was mediocre, frozen vegetables, kind of yucky. The fries were greasy. My sandwich was pretty good and my husband's hot hamburger was good, but his vegetables were not good, limp and flavourless. When the waitress came back to see if everything was ok, she didn't seem to care what we said. We were not even asked if we wanted dessert.

Visited December 2013

30% Recommend
Stellarton, Nova Scotia, Canada
“strike three”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

gave you the benefit of the doubt with your excuses the last two times, " sorry we are down to only two cooks, and sorry we accidently gave your breakfasts to the booth behind you", but today was the last strike.
after an hour and fifteen minutes of patients ( 9:30 to 10:45 ) and watching three tables seated after us get served I have no regrets walking out.
your waitresses excuse this time was " all depends on what you ordered "
what's so hard about bacon and eggs during breakfast hours
my advice, don't waist your time, eat elsewhere
Joe Guthro
Stellarton

Visited August 2013
Banff National Park, Canada
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

As far as dinner/ truck stop food goes its pretty great. Even though it was busy we were seated and served right away. Had the best and cheapest chocolate milkshake from Calgary to Halifax

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Truro, Canada
“Home style cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant many times. You are asked to wait to be seated, and sometimes there is a line up. However, we have never waited more than 5 minutes for a table. The menu has something for everyone and local favourites. I like the seniors omelet as it is smaller but so delicious. (Tip: If you enjoy liver and onions this is the place to go) This time I had the seniors breakfast which included one egg, bacon, grilled hash browns with onions and toast for $4.99. Coffee is $2.09 but includes as many fill ups as you like. My companion had the special for $8.99 which included 2 eggs, bacon, sausage and ham, hash browns, toast and coffee. Service was slower than normal and the waitress explained they only had 2 cooks working, so were backed up a bit. We will return as we always have.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Lousy Soup”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The turkey rice soup was awful, same goes for the clamless clam chowder. Disappointing to how the Bigstop food was in the past.

• Visited September 2012