“Good pub food” 3 of 5 stars

Jennifer Drive, Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 6M5, Canada
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 81 Restaurants in Truro
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Burnaby, BC
“Good pub food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were hungry and tired and this place was convenient. The food is not gourmet but it is tasty pub food. Bring your own wine (they encourage that because there is only their house wine on offer.)

Visited September 2013

Halifax, Canada
“Best Fish and Chips in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have eaten Fish and Chips in various restaurants that were supposedly the best at serving this dish. Roadside Willies has by far the best! Great service and inviting atmosphere!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Colborne ON
“Great Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I picked up a Roadside Willies Flyer from the Willow Bend Motel and it looked interesting so we gave it a try. We were a little surprised when we pulled in and it was adjoining a Bowling Alley but inside it gave us different view point. It's a spacious and uniquely decorated Roadside Pub but very relaxing. It's obvious that a lot of local people meet here to dine and have a good time. Our fish and chips were very good. A large fillet of Haddock lightly battered and with good chips, slaw, and tartar. As well, a friendly young fellow waited on us and gave us very good service. An enjoyable meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, Indiana
“OK place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had an old menu and decided to go there. They had changed the menu and we did not like the the new choices as well.

Visited June 2013
halifax
“Definitely Worth A Second Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Recommended on tripadvisor I was eager to try this place out since I'm in town for work quite frequently and never considered dining in Bible Hill (a town just outside Truro). Walking in it seemed like a nice open space with a quieter side section to the left, inviting bar with television to the front and even a small patio. There were lots of options on the menu and everything seemed very fairly priced - they had a burger on special for $8.99 and fish and chips for $9.99 (great deal IMO). After humming and hawing over the smoked pork chops or nachos I asked for my servers assistance and was led to the pork chop with fries and veggies.

When the food arrived I was hard pressed to believe that it was actually the 1 inch thickness as described on the menu and I found it odd there was no ketchup on the table. The ketchup came in a small container which was no where near enough for the fries on my plate (I would have asked for more but my server didn't return until the end of my meal). The pork chop itself had the texture that more closely reminded me of a ham than a center cut loin chop so it was disappointing. Watching the other food come out of the kitchen though certainly enticed me to come back and give it another shot, especially to try those nachos.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere