“Visit to Truro, N.S” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Truro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
nova scotia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were in town for a function.

- Bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in.

- Room was super freakin' dusty.

- Room hadn't been scrubbed in a long time.

- Room smelled more like a bingo hall than a smoking room.

- Paint job was horrendous.

- Tub was bird bath sized (too small to use).

- Window only opened 6 inches.

- Basic but had fridge, microwave, coffee maker.

- Breakfast was 'adequate'.

- Woke up so stuffed up that neither of us could hardly talk or breath.

- Would NOT stay there again unless it was free.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

One of the dirtiest hotels we've ever stayed at. I've been staying here with my children almost every weekend since October.. Their staff made sure that they made us feel un-welcomed and unwanted. At first, the front desk workers were really annoyed with my 2 year old and 5 year old touching stuff in the lobby.. They had a bowl of decorations on the coffee table in the lobby and then a Christmas tree, and of course my little kids are going to touch it while waiting down there.. At one time, the woman asked me to calm my children down and not to let them touch the Christmas tree. As much as I wanted to tell her to just do her job and book our room, I kept quiet and always kept my kids away from their belongings. A few times my kids had dropped their toys under the heaters and beds and then when placed in the same room weeks later, we found toys in the exact same place we left them. Even though they knew me and my children requested non-smoking rooms every single time we stayed there, they managed to find excuses and ways to stick my poor kids in their smoking rooms and claim they're booked and couldn't switch us. I know this was a lie because after a few times of claiming they were booked, I had family members call in and see if there were any non smoking rooms available and there was. Almost every morning we went swimming and all of a sudden after we went in the pool, the pool man would come in and change the pool settings so cold that my kids were too cold to continue swimming. I asked why they changed the settings only when it seemed as if me and my kids went in the pool.. They claimed it was the same daily hours which was a lie because I switched out swimming routine from 9am-9:15am-9:30am-9:45am to 10am and every time they would change it. They never had clean swimming towels handy so when I would go to the front and request some they would say they'll send someone down and never brought any. One morning, we had requested a late check out and the woman working the night before said it was ok, so we were swimming and then the woman (Laura) who was working the next morning came yelling at us and rushed us out of the pool at 11am.. She scared my kids and didn't feel bad about it. My son even asked "why doesn't she like me mom, she just likes my sister?" Thats when I was upset that she made my 5 year old feel that way.. When I put in a complaint they suggested that I should stay elsewhere if I felt I wasn't being accommodated right. Wow! There are no other places to swim in Truro that has a water slide and that's the only reason why we kept staying there that whole time despite being treated so bad. It's like I was their regular every weekend client and they got too comfortable with us, putting our requests last and not caring how they made us feel. We've been staying at the holiday inn for the last few weeks and they're so professional, clean and polite. It's such a big difference compared to staying at the super 8. They actually care if they accommodate people right, they call the room and ask if everything is ok and if you're comfortable or if there's anything they can do for you. To be honest, I wasn't used to being treated so good after staying at the super 8 for 6 months and taking their mistreatment. I will never stay at the super 8 again and wouldn't suggest this place for anyone going with children.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Alana H, General Manager at Super 8 Truro, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Ms. Morris
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, the hotel business ebbs and flows, with many changes in occupancy, often on the same day. We regret that we were unable to meet your expectations and are pleased that you have found an alternate location which you feel can serve you better.
Alana H
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff is great. Really good breakfast included with hot options. Lots of families with kids enjoying the pool and water slide. Looks like a really affordable get away with the kids. Room was good, bed was good. Just a little dated, but aren't we all!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Alana H, General Manager at Super 8 Truro, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Pamela M
Thank you so much for providing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Super 8 Truro. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we loved your sense of humour! We hope to see you again soon.
Regards, Alana H
Hammonds Plains, NS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

I like the Super 8 because you know you'll get a decent room at a good price. I was disappointed with the layout of our room (bathroom was small and sinks outside the bathroom) .. but other than that the hotel was clean, the service was good and they take pets!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Alana H, General Manager at Super 8 Truro, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Dear Nikki F
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Super 8 Truro. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us, especially the fact that you could bring your 4 legged family member with you! Our junior suites do have the sink/vanity separate from the toilet and tub, so that family members can use one while not tying up the other. Our rooms with two queen beds do have a larger bathroom, with all the fixtures in the same room. You may wish to try one of those rooms on your next stay. Thanks again for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it!
Regards, Alana H

Been to Super 8 Truro? Share your experiences!