“Nice time” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Truro to your Saves list
Super 8 Truro
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   85 Treaty Trail, Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 5A9, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Truro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baddeck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have a small scale dog breeding program here in remote Cape Breton. Sometimes my family plans to stay at your hotel in order to meet up with families who are buying a puppy. We arrange to meet with them in the lobby early evening after check in, then enjoy an overnight stay as a treat for our kids.

I was on one such visit this past December and feel the need to compliment your staff on the outstanding service they offered us.

Brian was working the front desk at your Truro location, and he made us all feel like valued customers. He also went out of his way to help out with our clients who met us there.

Several of my clients who are coming from far away also spend the night there at the hotel with their new addition.

We are a Super 8 family for certain.

Love the waterslide, etc. but especially the service.

Thanks.

Special compliments to Brian!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Alana H, General Manager at Super 8 Truro, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Cassandra
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stays with us at the Super 8 Truro. We agree, we are very fortunate to have excellent staff such as Bryant working with us! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your entire family (two and four legged!) back again soon.
Regards, Alana H
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Truro Super 8 in November and December of 2013. I was on a business trip for St.F.X.U. The staff assigned me a lovely suite on the first floor, facing the back parking lot, where it was more quiet and away from the highway traffic.The suites had been recently updated. The duvet bedding was so comfortable. The suite was very clean and modern. There were two flat screen tv's, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

The front desk employees were so accommodating. I didn't have my printer with me, so I was unable to print what I needed for my student teacher supervisions. The staff went out of their way to print off my material for me both times I stayed at the motel. Thanks so much for that!

The breakfast was very good and there was ample choice. The coffee was really good. I had the opportunity to take a dip in the pool and soak in the hot tub. I had the pool and hot tub all to myself.

I will certainly be staying here again in the spring when I resume my work with St.F.X. Even though I live an hour away from Truro, it's good to know that you can stay at such a wonderful motel with great service.

Thanks again and see you in March and April.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room on the back of the motel and away from the major highway traffic. Most of the n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Alana H, General Manager at Super 8 Truro, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Joan S
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stays at the Super 8 Hotel in Truro, NS. We are pleased that you enjoyed your refurbished Junior Suite with two flat screen TV's. Rooms on our second floor are scheduled to be refurbished this spring, so you may want to try one of those next time you stay. We appreciate the time you took to post your feedback, and look forward to seeing you again later this year.
Regards,
Coldbrook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here with my bf and daughter for one night. Even though our visit was short, we enjoyed every minute. Staff was super friendly, rooms were very clean and not outdated like some places we had previously stayed. Beds were comfy with duvets that were nice. My daughter and I had a blast at the pool! Omg the water slide is awesome! The breakfast was good. There was actually more options than what I thought there would be; the coffee was very good as well!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Angela E
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Super 8 Hotel in Truro, NS. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the pool with 80 foot waterslide and our complimentary SuperStart Breakfast. I love the coffee too!
Regards,
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've stayed in quite a few Holiday Inn hotels and they never seem to disappoint me. This one in Truro is a great place to stay. It's quiet (once past check in) and the check in staff is very polite and professional. The rooms are clean and receptive. They are the standard hotel room with the standard options, so unless you are staying some place special, most hotels can only be separated by cleanliness, staff and location. This place succeeds in all three.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Alana H, General Manager at Super 8 Truro, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Rick K
Thank you for your comments regarding our sister property, the Holiday Inn. I have passed your posting along to Susan S, their General Manager. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay, and hope to see you back in the area in the near future.
Alana H

Been to Super 8 Truro? Share your experiences!